Each year during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, guests will line up for hours on end to meet some of their favorite Disney baddies. However, the party is not the only time for Villain-lovers to have some fun. As a matter of fact, here are 7 ways you can add a bit of Villainy to your Walt Disney World anytime you visit.
1. Meet Gaston – He may be a tall, dark, strong and handsome brute but let’s not lose sight of the more sinister side of this Beauty and the Beast baddie. You can stop by his meet and greet location in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom to receive an insult or two, ask for an autograph (he loves this) and also to pose for some memorable photos. He’s usually holding court from 10 am – 4:30 pm.
2. Spend an Evening With Captain Hook and Mr Smee – Pirate-lovers young and old looking for a way to rub shoulders with Captain Hook and his faithful cohort Mr Smee, need look no further than the fantastic Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage held year-round at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The party runs in the evenings about an hour before Magic Kingdom’s “Happily Ever After” fireworks spectacular where guests are treated to a bountiful pirate feast with cake, chocolate, a conga line with limbo and fantastic interactions with Captain Hook. Guests then set sail on the Seven Seas Lagoon for an evening of swashbuckling fun that includes incredible fireworks views while singing sea shanties and competing for pirate treasure. The cost for this exclusive event is $72 per adult and $43 per child. Advance reservations are essential and can be made via My Disney Experience or at 407.WDW.DINE.
3. Have Your Photo Snapped with Kaa – The great thing about the Magic Shots offered by Disney PhotoPass is the opportunity to be snapped with one of your favorite Disney baddies any time of year. One of our current favorites is the shot currently on offer at Asia in the Animal Kingdom with Jungle Book’s hypnotic snake Kaa. But don’t worry, he magically appears in your photo after its taken, meaning you don’t have to worry about averting his gaze. The PhotoPass team has been known to change MagicShots regularly so nab this one while you can.
4. Meet Lady Tremaine and the Evil Stepsisters at 1900 Park Fare – The character dinner held at 1900 Park Fare each evening at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort is pretty special because it is the only one to feature a bit of Disney villainy. The evening starts off with a grand entrance by Cinderella and Prince Charming before the party gets crashed by the Lady Tremaine and the hilarious stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella. Its a fun-filled night featuring a bit of hijinks and a great all-you-care-to-eat buffet. Advanced reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE. This meal will set you back 1 Table Service Dining Credit or $39.00 – $59.00 per adult depending on the meal.
5. Defeat Hades and Other Villains With Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – If you’ve not given this under-the-radar interactive card game a try then you’ll definitely want to stop by the Firehouse on Main Street U.S.A during your next visit. This interactive scavenger hunt is a real treat as you’re tasked with a mission to stop Hades from taking over the Magic Kingdom. With your magic cards in hand, you’ll unlock interactive portals where you’ll go toe-to-toe with some formidable Disney Villains including Yzma, Cruella, Scar, Jafar, Maleficent, Ursula, Dr Facillier and more! Best of all, the cards and the map needed to start your adventure are absolutely free. There are 9 different quests to choose from making it something you can pick up over several Disney visits.
6. Take a Walk on the Dark Side With a Kylo Ren Meet and Greet – Star Wars fans young and old won’t want to miss your chance to share a moment or two with Kylo Ren during your next visit to Hollywood Studios. You’ll find him at Star Wars Launch Bay where he torments guests daily from 9:00 am – 8:00 pm. Or for tinier tots, you can also square off against Kylo during Jedi Training Academy: Trials of the Temple.
7. See Who Turns Up at Fantasmic! – Things start off lovely enough at this nightly Hollywood Studios offering as the show combines fireworks, special effects, characters and water projections to take you on a journey through Mickey’s imagination including key scenes from much-loved films like Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, The Little Mermaid and more. However, things take a sinister turn for the worse when the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs gathers Ursula, Cruella de Vil, Scar and a larger-than-life Maleficent to turn Mickey’s dreams into a nightmare. Fantasmic! runs nightly at Hollywood Studios at 7:30 with second showings being added in during peak season.
Who says Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the only time to have a bit of spooky fun at Walt Disney World? No matter when you visit, be sure to give some of our delightfully evil suggestions a try.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019