Guest’s visiting Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World in the weeks and months ahead are in for a tasty culinary adventure as Disney announced that a wide array of new treats and dining options are now available throughout the park. As a matter of fact, there are so many exciting changes and new additions that we’ve compiled a list to help you keep them all straight. So be adventurous during your next Animal Kingdom visit and give one or two a try!
1. “Up” – Inspired Cake Push Pop – Warung Outpost – A fitting tribute to the new “UP! A Great Bird Adventure” show which made its debut earlier this year, this push pop is filled with delectable layers chocolate cake, blue and green buttercream and crispy white chocolate pearls!
2. New Lunch Menu – Tiffins Restaurant – Tiffins has so many new dishes on offer that we don’t know where to begin. The restaurant is now offering a new 2-course lunch menu which includes a chose of appetizer and entree or an entree and a dessert. Appetizers are an Apple Walnut Salad or Spiced Chickpea Falafel. Main courses include Wagyu Beef Tagine, Paella and Roasted Chicken Breast. Dessert offerings are a South American Chocolate Ganache or a Guava Mousse. The lunch menu is $35 per person (plus taxes and gratuities). Those on the Disney Dining Plan can enjoy this feast for 2 Table Service Dining Credits. Lunch is served from 11 am – 3:30pm. Advanced reservations can be made online or by calling 407.WDW.DINE. However, walk-ups are accepted.
3. Donald’s Dino-Bash Cupcake – Dino Diner – In celebration of Donald’s Dino Bash, Disney has created yet another Instagram-worthy treat. This Donald-themed treat is made up of a vanilla cupcake filled with lemon-flavored white chocolate mousse and topped with buttercream, crispy pearls and a red fondant bow!
4. Family Style Dining- Pizzafari – This much-loved Animal Kingdom pizza joint will still be serving up its traditional quick service options. However, Disney announced this week that two of the dining rooms at Pizzafari would now be set aside for a new Family Style dining options. Guests check in at a podium, place your drink orders and are then seated in one of the designated dining rooms. Once seated, you can feast on a selection of family-style plates delivered right to your table. These include salads, pasta, chicken, pizza and a sweet dessert. This Family-style option is offered from 5pm – 8pm starting on July 31st. The cost is $19.99 for adults (10 and older) and $11.99 for children (3-9). Prices include tax and non-alcoholic beverages. In what is good news for Disney Dining Plan lovers – this option will still only cost 1 Quick Service Dining Credit per person. Reservations will be bookable in advance via the My Disney Experience app or by calling 407.WDW. DINE. Reservations open for booking on July 17th.
5. Cannoli Cake – Pizzafari – Those popping in for a regular visit at Pizzafari on Discovery Island will definitely want to save room for dessert. Just when you thought cake couldn’t get any better, Disney has gone and added a cannoli to the top! This little slice of heaven is made up of chocolate cake, chocolate chip cannoli filling and is topped with chocolate ganache and a mini cannoli with a sweet ricotta and chocolate chip filling.
6. Animal Kingdom Canteen – Mahindi Popcorn, The Feeding Ground or Ice Cream Carts – Fans of Disney’s souvenir take-home containers won’t want to miss a chance to pick up one of these awesome flasks. Not only they perfect for staying hydrated throughout the day but they are the perfect memento from your time at Disney and may come in handy during future camping trips!
7. Combination Protein Bowl – Satu’li Canteen – One of our favorite meals at the Animal Kingdom has to be the incredibly, healthy and filling protein bowls on offer over at Pandora:-The World of Avatar. Guests customize these build-you-own treats by picking a base, proteins and sauces for a lunchtime creation as unique as you are! Disney has added a new Combination Bowl into the mix that comes with grilled beef and chicken. They also added some new base selections including Rice and Beans and a Hearty Salad base.
8. Grilled Chicken Salad – Restaurantosaurus – For those who prefer a light lunch, check out this delicious new Grilled Chicken Salad on offer in Dinoland U.S.A. Its topped with Summer Berries a wide array of delicious Summer berries!
9. Roasted Vegetables – Harambe Marketplace – Vegetarians or just plain veggie lovers will definitely want to try this new dish being served up at the Harambe Marketplace in the Africa section of the park. Its a delicious mix of cauliflower, sweet potato and chickpeas served over steamed rice with a yoghurt raita.
10. Safari Cake – Harambe Marketplace – Drawing their inspiration from the Okapi which you’ll see during a ride on the Kilimanjaro Safaris, this beautiful treat is made up of pineapple-coconut mousse and is coated in chocolate!
Be sure to sample a few of these new dishes during your next visit to Animal Kingdom and let us know in the comments which ones are your favorite!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019