For those that love Disney’s impeccable customer service and incredible family-focused activities but don’t want to spend another holiday at the theme parks, we here at Disney Addicts have the perfect alternative! To celebrate our Nation’s Birthday, we thought we’d provide you with a glimpse at one of Adventures by Disney’s guided tours that is perfect for patriots, history buffs and those looking for an educational adventure that appeals to family members of all ages – the 7 days/6-nights Philadelphia and Washington D..C tour! Here are 7 of the incredible ways that you can celebrate American during this life-changing getaway.
1. Tour Philadelphia by Trolley – On the first full day of your tour, visitors will be taken on a privately guided trolley-on-wheels excursion through this historical city. Guests will have an opportunity to explore some of the Philly’s most historical landmarks including: The Liberty Bell where you’ll learn the story of how the bell became an enduring symbol of liberty, The Betsy Ross House where you’ll find out about the patriotic seamstress who created the American flag, and Independence Hall where you family can sign a facsimile of the Declaration of Independence.
2. Visit Gettysburg National Park – Learn about one of the most significant battles of The Civil War during a 1-day visit to Gettysburg National Park. At the visitor’s center guests will attend a screening of A New Birth of Freedom, a film with award-winning actors about this historical battle that heralded the end of slavery. Afterward visitors can witness the breathtaking cylorama that depicts the battle of Gettysburg. The day ends with a visit to the battlefield with a National Park guide where you’ll learn more about President Lincoln’s immortal speech and get a glimpse of what life was like during the Civil War Era.
3. Take in a Panoramic Tour of Washington D.C.- Travelling by motor coach, guests will be able to see many of the sights of this incredible city with stops at the following: Iwo Jima Monument where you’ll take a privately guided tour of the 60 ft. tall United States Marine Corps Warm Memorial, pay tribute to the brave members of America’s military during a privately guided visit to Arlington National Cemetery where you’ll visit the gravesites of President John F. Kennedy as well as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
4. Witness the Beauty of Washington D.C. at Night – Board a privately guided motor coach on this evening journey. You’ll be absolutely awestruck by Washington D.C at night as you visit spectacular nation monuments with their beautiful light displays!
5. Pay a Visit to the Capitol Building – Your tour starts with a 15-minute film before visiting the magnificent Rotunda and Statuary Hall. You’ll then take the walkway which starts at the Capitol Visitors Center and connects with the Library of Congress via a long underground tunnel.
6. See the Main Reading Room at the Library of Congress – Bibliophiles will love this visit to the world’s biggest library. The Library of Congress houses millions of books, photographs, recordings, maps and documents. You’ll even pay a visit to the Main Reading Room where a scene from Disney’s National Treasure II was filmed.
7. Spend the Day at Mount Vernon – On the last day of your tour, Disney has something very special in store as you’ll take a boat along the Potomac River to George Washington’s home. You’ll be able to immerse yourself in the life and lore of George Washington at this 500-acre estate. The property includes vibrant gardens as well as 25 theaters and galleries featuring extraordinary collections covering 18th century life.
The Philadelphia and Washington D.C. Tours are currently available to book for departures between March – September, 2019. Prices start at $3200 per child and $3400 per adult and include a wide range of top-tier services including 2-adventure guides, top-notch accommodation, dining, and all tickets and passes required for the activities listed above! For more information or to receive a FREE quote, simply fill out the form found at the bottom of this page!
Thinking about a Disney Adventure? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time with Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 13 Seasonal Shots You’ll Want to Be Sure to Capture During Your Halloween Disneyland Visit - September 26, 2018
- Its Discount Day! Disney Releases Play, Stay and Dine and Room Discount Offer for Early 2019 - September 26, 2018
- Fall-Flavored Treats You Have to Try at Downtown Disney in Disneyland Resort - September 25, 2018