With Summer temperatures soaring in Southern California, a visit to Disneyland can be a sticky and sweaty business. However, both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park have a nice handful of rides and attractions that are perfect for cooling off. We here at Disney Addicts recommend keeping a list of these attractions close at hand and seeking one out when the temperatures start to have a damper on your vacation.
1. Princess Dot Puddle Park – California Adventure – This water play area located in “a bug’s land” at Disney California Adventure Park is the perfect spot for little ones to cool down when the temperatures soar. It features playful dancing fountains and half the fun is trying to figure out which one will erupt next. This is an attraction you’ll want to bypass if you don’t have a change of clothes in your park bags as kid will get wet! There are restroom facilities nearby including 2 family restrooms for those quick changes. Get your splashes in soon though as this water play area, along with the rest of “a bug’s land” will be closing in early Fall to make way for a new Marvel-themed area of California Adventure!
2. Enchanted Tiki Room – Not only is Disneyland’s Enchanted Tiki Room a delightful vintage attraction featuring animatronic birds singing catchy songs that will be stuck in your head for ages, but it also is a fantastic way to beat the afternoon heat and relax those weary feet. And while you’re at it, why not bring a refreshing frozen Dole Whip treat in with you from the neighboring Tiki Juice Bar! The Juice Bar even gives guests the option of ordering while in the Enchanted Garden meaning you can also avoid the longer lines!
3. Mickey and the Magical Map at the Fantasyland Theatre – The perfect pit-stop in Disneyland’s Fantasy Faire, guests are treated to a bit of shade in this covered open-air theater, the chance to give your feet a rest and the opportunity to be thoroughly entertained with this amazing stage show! This all singing, all dancing stage show features special appearances by many of your much-loved Disney friends including King Louie, Pocahontas, Mulan, Rapunzel, Tiana and of course Mickey himself! Performances run throughout the day. Pick up the entertainment guide when entering the park.
4. Grizzly River Run – One of two rides at Disneyland Resort where you are bound to get wet, Grizzly River Run located at Grizzly Peak in Disney California Adventure Park is white water rafting fun for the whole family! Guests will drift along on the lazy river, plummet down a raging falls and spin through massive water eruptions. Visitors wanting to cool off River Run-style should not that lines can be very long come mid-day so this is a cool-down option best experienced in the morning or later in the day.
6. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln – Disneyland – Stay cool and get a history lesson with this historic attraction taking visitors through some Abraham Lincoln’s historical speeches that would change the face of America. Using the latest Audio-animatronics, this show which premiered in 1965 is still a modern marvel and definitely a fantastic spot to cool off and brush up on a bit of American history. You’ll find the theatre on Main Street U.S.A
7. Splash Mountain – Another attraction where guests will definitely get wet (though not as much as Grizzly River Run), this is the perfect attraction to cool off to. One of the longer rides at Disneyland, this Critter Country attraction starts gentle as you drift along in a hollow log past delightful scenes featuring over 100 animatronic characters. You glide through cool and dark locations like the Laughing Place before the ride ends with a delightful splash! This is another ride where lines get crazy come midday. To cut down on wait times, try to squeeze it in during the morning or evening.
8. Frozen – Live at the Hyperion – This live show taking place at Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure Park is perfect for those needing a big dose of air-conditioning and a bit of rest for the feet. Guests can sit back, relax and enjoy this delightful retelling of the Frozen story, catchy songs and all. This means that if the comfy temperature of the Hyperion isn’t enough to cool you down, all the talk of ice, snowmen and fjords certainly will.
So next time you are looking to beat the heat at Disneyland, give one of these trusty attractions a try. Guests should also remember to stay hydrated when things start to heat up and be sure to take lots of breaks. The parks can be a delight regardless of the temperature, provided that you look take proper precautions to avoid overheating.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019