Each year, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is an absolute treasure trove of tasty dishes. However, it doesn’t need to be festival time to enjoy some pretty impressive culinary treats that you’ll find scattered across the various eateries in the World Showcase. To help you on your way to culinary heaven, here are 8 year-round treats that we recommend give a try during your next visit to Epcot.
1. Funnel Cake with Ice Cream – In my family, no visit to Epcot would be complete without a stop at the American pavilion to share one of these tasty treats. This snack item is so popular that it has its own stand. We recommend you try it with a huge slab of vanilla ice cream. Its amazingly wonderful and can be yours for $5.50.
2. School Bread – This one is a bit of a cult classic with Disney fans, you’ll find it at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe for $2.49 or a snack credit. This delicious treat is comprised of a cardamom bun, vanilla creme custard filling and is topped with glazed and toasted coconut. It’s the perfect treat to snack on while waiting in line at the neighboring Frozen Ever After ride.
3. Macarons – A stop to Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie will easily fool your senses into thinking that you’ve wandered down a Parisian side street in search of that perfect snack. Let me tell you, these melt-in-your-mouth macarons do not disappoint. These treats come in an array of gorgeous flavors including chocolate, raspberry, mixed berries, pistachios, white chocolate and banana passion just to name a few. You can order them individually for a sample or in a pretty box of five like the one pictured above for $10.33.
4. Fish & Chips – For an authentic taste straight from the British Isles, pop by the Yorkshire County Fish shop at the U.K. Pavilion for a proper fish supper. For $10.99 you’ll get two hearty strips of battered fish with fries. Trust us, it will fill you up for hours!
5. Caramel Corn – The big draw of Karamell-Küche at the Germany pavilion, it is next to impossible to walk by this shop without catching a whiff of this amazing treat tempting you inside. The Caramel Corn is available for $3.99 or 1 Snack Credit for a small bag and $5.99 for a large bag. So pick some up next time you’re at Epcot and quickly find out why many people consider it one of the best snacks at Disney.
6. Croque Glace – Found at L’Artisan de Glaces in the France Pavilion, this is a treat like nothing you’ve ever had before. Guests choose from a wide variety of ice creams, add a bit sauce and then your customized treat is pressed between two slices of homemade brioche and pressed warm. It’s the perfect combination of warm pastry mixed with cool ice cream. Treat yourself to one for $7.04.
7. Pizza Margherita – Sometimes nothing beats a good old slice of pizza and the Via Napoli Pizza Window at the Italy Pavilion definitely delivers. The Margherita pizza being served here is simple yet perfect. Those feeling adventurous may also opt for the Pizza Bianca with Pomodoro sauce, prosciutto, arugula and fresh mozzarella. Slices start at around $6.75.
8. Kakigōri – We’ve saved the best for last. This has to be my favorite treat in all of Epcot and you’ll find it at the Kabuki Cafe located at the Japan Pavilion. This frozen treat is the Japanese take on shaved ice and comes in an array of tantalizing flavors including melon, strawberry, cherry, melon and tangerine. However, what makes Kakigori so good is the sweet milk topping they drizzle over the top. It’s perfect on those hot Florida afternoons and at $4.00 its a steal.
Definitely, give one of these treats a try next time you’re making your way around the World Showcase. Your tastebuds will thank you.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your holiday truly your own, and make sure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts (even after you’ve booked.) Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019