With Pixar Fest officially kicking off this weekend, the focus has been on all of the amazing eats and treats you’ll find at the Disneyland Resort theme parks. However, this is also an exciting time of Disney foodies staying at one of Disneyland’s three amazing onsite properties as Disney has revealed a whole slew of new and fantastic menu items. To give you just a taste of some of the new offerings here is a list of 8 of our favorites.
1. Avocado Toast – Storytellers Cafe – Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel – (pictured)- You’ll find this new starter on the lunch and dinner menus. The dish comes with crushed avocado, lemon-olive oil, parsley, celery leaves, quail eggs and Espellete pepper on top of a slice of grilled sourdough bread. It has all the protein you need for your busy park days!
2. Nduja Sausage Pizza- Storytellers Cafe- Grand Californian Hotel – Pizza lovers will definitely want to give this tasty pie a try. It comes with Grana Padano, fire-roasted tomatoes, aged provolone cheese, ‘nduja sausage, mushrooms, artichokes and potatoes.
3. Chicken Paillard – Storytellers Cafe- Disney’s Grand Californian Resort – Available on the Dinner menu, this succulent dish features a lightly breaded chicken breast, roast potatoes, heirloom carrots and is topped with a lemon-caper sauce.
4. Vanilla Creme Brulee – Storytellers Cafe- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel – Guests for lunch and dinner at Storytellers will want to save room for dessert. This Vanilla Creme Brulee comes with orange-vanilla biscotti and marinated raspberries.
5. Build-Your-Own Poke Bowl- Surfside Lounge & Sand Bar- Paradise Pier Hotel – This is a new addition that has us pretty excited. Guests can customize your own trendy poke bowl with your choice of base protein and sauce. Bases include white rice, brown rice or romaine leaves. Proteins include tuna, salmon or tofu and are marinated in a savory ponzu sauce. Dishes also come with avocado, cucumber and red and green onions, seaweed wakame, tobiko caviar, fried onions, pickled ginger, bonito flakes, and sesame seeds. Visitors can also choose from spicy mayo, poke sauce or wasabi as a sauce topping. How’s that for delicious!?
6. Island-Style Hot Dog- Trader Sam’s, Tangaroa Terrace, Poolside Bar- Disneyland Hotel – We love this tropical take on the classic hot dog. It comes with ground pork and pineapple sausage in a pretzel bun and topped with whole-grain mustard, onion sauce, pickled carrots, daikon and Fresno chillies!
7. Rongo Island Salad – Trader Sam’s, Tangaroa Terrace, Poolside Bar- Disneyland Hotel – We’re confident that salad-lovers will be smitten with this new offering that features shredded green papaya, fresh lettuce, marinated tofu, cucumber, gooseberries, rice noodles and carrots all tossed in a sesame-ginger vinaigrette.
8. Chicken Teriyaki Bowl- Trader Sam’s, Tangaroa Terrace, Poolside Bar- Disneyland Hotel – This treat features diced chicken breast on a bed or rice and vegetables and topped with a savory teriyaki sauce, togarashi aioli, sesame chips and crispy wonton chips.
So if you’re staying onsite at one of Disneyland’s amazing hotels in the weeks and months ahead, be sure to pop into one of your resort’s amazing eateries and give some of these delectable dishes a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for all your Disney travel-planning needs as well as Chip and Co for the latest Disney news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland? Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your vacation truly your own, and ensure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- What Is the Dining Dress Code With Disney Cruise Line? - September 23, 2018
- Do Walt Disney World Resorts Offer Room Service? - September 23, 2018
- 13 Reasons Why We Love Disney’s Haunted Mansion - September 22, 2018