Pixar Fest is officially upon us and as we celebrate all things Disney•Pixar during this inaugural weekend, we here at Disney Addicts thought we’d share with you some facts about one of the fun events held during fest- The Pixar Play Parade.
For those of you that don’t know, this parade will take place daily (twice on the weekends) throughout Pixar Fest and is intended as an afternoon celebration of all of those delightful Pixar films you’ve come to know and love. The parade starts with the legendary hopping Pixar Lamp and Ball and goes on to feature characters from Up, Inside Out, Monsters Inc. A Bug’s Life, Incredibles, Toy Story and Finding Nemo.
Here are a few other tidbits we thought it’d be fun to know about the parade!
1. Over 120 performers bring this exciting production to life. The Pixar Play Parade is an impressive undertaking. That’s why it’s not surprising that so many performers are on hand to convey that sense of magic, awe, and wonder.
2. The Iconic Lamp and Ball Kick Things Off on a Grand Scale. We mentioned that these familiar Pixar symbols kick off the parade but did you know that the Pixar Lamp is actually 14 feet tall and cuts an impressive figure as it makes its way through the park? The colorful Pixar Ball that made its first appearance in the original Pixar short “Luxo Jr.” also comes in at nearly four feet wide!
3. The Inside Out Float is Filled With Emotion – If you look closely at the “Inside Out” story element you’ll notice that Joy and Sadness are perched atop Riley’s red wagon. Those familiar with the movie should also note that over 280 memory orbs conveying different emotions appear at the base!
4. Kevin is that you? Keep an eye out for the friendly bird from “Up” leading the charge with Russell on his back and Carl Fredrickson close behind. Kevin stands an impressive 12 feet tall and definitely makes an impression. Don’t worry Dug is there as well romping through the parade to the delight of the guests lined up curbside.
5. Baby Jack-Jack Brings the Heat – Incredibles fever has definitely hit the Disney theme parks. Therefore it’s no surprise that one of the Pixar Play Parades most exciting moments is the grand entrance of Baby Jack-Jack. You’ll find him nestled in one of the claws of the Omnidroid and just like in the film, flames explode from his head when he gets over excited.
The Pixar Play Parade takes place daily at 6:00pm. On the weekends Disneyland also throws in an extra 3:30 showing!
The Pixar Play Parade is just one of the many exciting experiences that await visitors to Pixar Fest. Our very own Chip is currently at the Fest bringing the latest news and updates. Be sure to keep following along with Disney Addicts as well as our sister site Chip and Co. for further Pixar Fest details.
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland to check out Pixar Fest for yourself? Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your vacation truly your own, and ensure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 6 Incredible Reasons to Visit Pixar Fest at Disneyland Resort - July 18, 2018
- 12 Wonderful Ways To Stay Busy at Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa - July 18, 2018
- 10 Delicious July Bites at Walt Disney World - July 17, 2018