Whether you’re new to cruising, new to Disney or looking for that fun family getaway, there are a lot of fantastic reasons for sailing the Seven Seas with Disney Cruise Line. It’s true that you’ll get an unrivalled level of customer service but there are also a lot of other fantastic benefits that may make it a perfect fit for your next family vacation. We think there’s a whole lot to love about a Disney vacation at sea and to give you just a taste, here are 8 reasons why we think your next vacation should be a Disney Cruise.
1. Activities for All Ages – I cry a bit inside each time a client tells me that they aren’t sure if a Disney Cruise is right for them as their teenagers are too old for “Mickey”. Let me just set the record straight, Disney cruises are not just for small children. There are amazing, spaces, activities and extra little luxuries for kids of all ages. For instance, teens have their own hangout space like Vibe (pictured above), nightclubs, spas and private decks to relax with their friends. Move off-shore to Disney’s private island Castaway Cay and they can enjoy their own private beach as well as port excursions designed just for them. Thinking about adults only trip? It doesn’t mean you’re surrounded by kids at every turn. You can relax on the Adult Deck, rent a private cabana on Castaway Cay, or enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the “Adults Only” restaurants Palo and Remy. There’s also an adults only district on-board filled with fantastic nighttime options from pubs and nightclubs to cozy cocktail bars. No-one outgrows a Disney cruise!
2. Castaway Cay – One of the big perks of doing one of the Caribbean or Bahamian Cruises is the day you’ll spend at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay. Designed to take all of the worries of travelling away, Castaway Cay is just pure, unadulterated fun and relaxation. Whether its lounging at the one of the beaches, enjoying the view from your private cabanas, running in the Castaway Cay 5k, snorkeling, enjoying the water slides, fishing or munching on the delicious BBQ lunch that’s included in your package, everything you’d want out of a tropical island stay is there at your disposal. There are kids clubs with childcare staff where your little ones can engage in fun activities while you sneak away for a massage. There’s even a teen adventure package where they, under the care of an expert guide, can enjoy some of the more remote locations of the island while you take a nap on the beach. The possibilities are endless and one thing is for certain, after a stop here- you’ll never want to go back to the mainland.
3. All-Inclusive – Let’s face it, a lot of cruise lines say they’re all-inclusive and then you still find yourself having to purchases a beverage card or buy those occasional snacks. When Disney Cruise Line says they’re all-inclusive, they really mean it. Once on board, all of your meals are covered, from the large dinners you’ll have each evening to the ice cream you get to tide you over until dinner. Soft drinks are plentiful and included, quick service options are always available at no extra charge. The only thing that isn’t covered is dining at the gourmet restaurants Palo and Remy and alcoholic drinks. So there’s really a feeling of being able to sit back, relax and not worry about little expenses adding up when you’re on a Disney Cruise!
4. Rotational Dining – No need to worry about dinner reservations or finding a restaurant that’s right for you. With Disney’s rotational dining system you get to try a bit of everything. Disney’s innovative system makes your evening meal a breeze. Upon arrival for your cruise, you’ll be assigned a restaurant per night allowing you to try out each of the amazing eateries on board. In another lovely Disney touch, your servers move with you every evening. So, though the scenery will change you’ll have those staff members that really get to know your family and can make sure that all your likes, dislikes and dietary restrictions are looked after. If only all dinners could be this easy! Guests can also choose between two seatings; a 5:45 pm option which is perfect for families with small children and the second seating at 8:00 pm for those who prefer a later and slightly quieter meal.
5. Fantastic Destinations – When thinking about cruising with Disney, many families don’t realize that there are more options available than just a short cruise departing from Port Canaveral following a Walt Disney World Vacation. With Disney Cruise Line there are tons of fantastic itineraries. For instance, did you know that Disney Cruise Line does a breathtaking 14-day Panama Canal Cruise? How about a Baja Cruise down the California Coast? There are also Alaskan Cruises, Canadian Cruises, European Cruises, Western and Eastern Caribbean, Bahamian Cruises and cruises to Bermuda. There are also sailings that leave from New York City, Galveston, Miami and San Juan. And with sailings between 3 – 14 nights there’s bound to be something to fit every family and every budget.
6. Incredible Port Adventures – With Disney Cruise Line, the fun isn’t just on board, Disney has come up with an enviable list of amazing adventures for your family to enjoy while on shore. Where else can you lead a dog-sled team for a day, go behind the scenes of a Broadway musical, swim with dolphins, go horseback riding, feed stingrays or take a tour of a medieval castle? This is just a tiny selection of the massive list of Port Adventures that are on offer for those cruising with Disney. Want to see more? Check out Disney’s website where they have excursions split up by destination. Guests should note that these expeditions do come at an additional cost but you’ll find options that cater to the ages, tastes and budgets
7. A Real Cast of Characters – For those families looking for a big dose of Disney magic, Disney Cruise Line definitely delivers. Here families will get to rub elbows with some of Disney’s much-loved characters from Mickey and Minnie to the Disney Princesses, you never know who will be just around the corner. Disney also offers specially themed nights where you can dress up like a pirate and meet Jack Sparrow, hobnob with some of your favorite Star Wars characters or even learn a trick or two from Thor and some of the other Marvel superheroes during Marvel Days at Sea. Disney Cruise Line also does special sailings around Halloween and Christmas where you can meet Jack Skellington and Sally before trick or treating or sit down to a Christmas feast before meeting Santa Claus.
8. Family-themed Entertainment – Each evening guests will also be treated to a new entertainment offering also included in the price of your cruise fare. These include Broadway-style takes on your favorite Disney films such as Tangled, Frozen and Beauty and the Beast or watch a rousing tribute to Disney’s greatest musical achievements with The Golden Mickeys. There’s also screenings of much-loved Disney films each evening as well as deck parties on select evenings where you never know who will turn up!
With packages available to book through until September of 2019, now is the perfect time to plan your Disney Cruise! For those new to sailing with Disney Cruise Line, it’s important to know that Disney offers the best rates the further out you book. As the ships fill up the rates will start to increase. This definitely means that early birds get the best deals. With packages available through until next Fall, now would be the perfect time to look into options for the year ahead. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from picking your perfect stateroom to sharing tips and trips to help you get the most out of your time at Sea. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 20 Things We Love About Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Its 20th Anniversary - April 22, 2018
- 6 Stunning Original Concept Art Images to Celebrate 20 Years of Animal Kingdom - April 21, 2018
- 8 Of Our Favorite Places to Have Brunch at Walt Disney World - April 21, 2018