Q: I’ve heard that I should try a Dole Whip while I’m at Disney World. Where can I find them?
A: Nothing says you’ve arrived at Disney World and are officially on holiday, like eating or sipping on one of the amazing pineapple concoctions famously referred to as the Dole Whip. There was a time when options for getting your hands on this pineapple (and sometimes vanilla) flavored soft-serve treat were pretty limited but it seems like there are more clever takes on the Dole Whips cropping up every day. Here’s a quick list of places you can go to give one of these tasty treats a try.
1. Aloha Isle – Magic Kingdom. This is the classic Dole Whip location found in Adventureland next to the Enchanted Tiki Room and near the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Here you can get Dole Whip soft serve in a cup for $4.49 or 1 Snack Credit, as a float with pineapple juice for $5.49 or 1 snack credit. Recently, Aloha Isle has also started serving up Dole Whip Pineapple Upside Down Cake at $6.49 for those looking for an extra decadent treat. Aloha Isle is also one of the location where Mobile Ordering is offered. Order your Dole Whip while traversing the parks via your My Disney Experience App. Let Aloha Isle know where you’re close by and voila! Your Dole Whip will be waiting for you when you arrive meaning you can avoid the long lines. For more information on Disney’s Mobile Order service check out this article.
2. Tamu Tamu – Animal Kingdom. For guests heading to Animal Kingdom, you can now find Dole Whips at Tamu Tamu in Africa at the Harambe Marketplace. On offer is the original Dole Whip cup for $4.49 or 1 snack credit. Unlike Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom also serves alcohol and have created a special boozy take on the Dole Whip float. For $7.00, guests can enjoy their favorite Dole Whip with either a shot of dark rum or coconut rum. Perfect for those Disney afternoons!
3. Marketplace Snacks – Disney Springs. Not heading to the theme parks? No worries. Marketplace Snacks located directly across from Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs also has Dole Whips on offer. Soft serve is available in pineapple, vanilla or twist for $4.49 or as a float for $5.49 or 1 snack credit.
4. Pineapple Lanai – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. One of the big perks about staying at the Poly is that you literally have Dole Whips at your doorstep. The Pineapple Lanai, located on the ground floor of the Polynesian’s main building (just off the lobby) offers Dole Whip Soft serve with pineapple, vanilla or swirl at $4.49 a cup or 1 snack credit. For the ultimate Dole Whip souvenir, you can have yours served in a Souvenir Tiki Bowl (like the one pictured) for $9.49. Pineapple Lanai also offers a Dole Whip Float in any of the flavors listed above for $5.49 or 1 snack credit which can also come in a souvenir Tiki Sipper for $9.49.
5. The Drop Off – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. Though I’ve yet to head over to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort to try one of these tasty treats for myself, I’m told The Drop Off Bar located next to the Big Blue Pool is serving up a poolside cocktail that is wowing Dole Whip fans. Dubbed the Captain’s Pineapple, this tasty drink features Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum mixed with Pineapple soft serve. Its perfect for those long lazy resort days and comes in at $10. However, this cocktail is seasonal and may note be around all year.
6. Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Speaky of boozy versions of this delectible treat, Trader Sam’s and the adjoining Tiki Terrace both service up a drink called the Spikey Pineapple. It is an absolutely delicious blend of pineapple soft serve and Barbancourt Pango Rhum. It’s the perfect end to your long day at the theme parks.
7. Everything POP Shopping & Dining – Disney’s Pop Century Resort – For those staying at this much-loved value resort, you can enjoy a cup or a cone of pineapple soft service right at the food court. Opt for a straight up pineapple version or a twist with vanilla for only $3.99!
9. Sunshine Tree Terrace – Magic Kingdom. I’m including this as more of an honorable mention because it’s not technically a Dole Whip but the Citrus Swirls at Sunshine Tree Terrace (also in Adventureland) are the perfect alternative for guests that like the idea of a Dole Whip but aren’t so fond of pineapple. Think a citrusy orange version of the Dole Whip, it’s a tasty treat that is as equally delicious. At Sunshine Tree Terrace you can get a cup of this orange slushy meets vanilla ice cream for $4.29 or one snack credit.
So next time you’re at Walt Disney World, take time out to try what is probably the most famous of Disney snacks. Your taste buds will thank you!
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019