By now we’ve all seen the memes poking fun at the anticipated long lines when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 29, 2019. I’ve seen the one with the “line starts here” sign next to the Florida Welcome sign! While these are an exaggeration, there’s no doubt the wait times will be long. Add this to the already long wait times at Toy Story Land and popular thrill rides such as Rock n’ Roller Coaster and it may leave guests wary of spending a day here. Don’t let the crowds and waits scare you off! There are several things to do at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with little to no wait times! Here are the top 5 attractions, and one bonus attraction, with low wait times. Note: wait times do vary depending on seasons and you can expect longer than normal wait times during peak seasons such as spring break and around holidays.
- Muppet Vision 3D: Join Kermit, Miss Piggy, Beaker, Fozzie Bear, and all your favorite Muppets in Muppet Theater for a tour of their lab and their newest invention: Muppet Vision 3D. Being that it’s the Muppets, you can expect that things don’t go exactly as planned. Surprises are in store during this fun, family friendly 3D show.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: Learn how the best special effects and stunts you see in the movies are done during this action packed re-enactment of scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Who knows? You might even be part of the show! They are always looking for extras!
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid: Get ready to sing along with your favorite tunes as you join Ariel for a retelling of the classic. You’ll see live performers, colorful puppets, and awesome special effects!
- Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage: Another classic Disney tale brought to life. This time in a full on stage performance complete with Broadway caliber costumes, beautiful backdrops, a talented cast, and your favorite songs.
- Disney Junior Dance Party!: Host Finn Fiesta welcomes Doc McStuffins, The Lion Guard, Vampirina, Mickey Mouse and your favorite Disney Jr tunes for a grooving dance party! Get ready to move!
- BONUS: Walt Disney Presents- One Man’s Dream: This is a MUST DO for any true Disney Addict! Here you can explore the history behind the parks. From Mickey to the Magic Kingdom, learn Walt’s story and how it led to the parks we all love so much. Discover rare planning sketches, photos, park and attraction models, costumes, artwork, and sneak peaks of new lands, attractions, and films. There is a character meet n’ greet featuring characters from recent Disney films. At the end of your self-guided tour, make sure you stop to watch Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream. This short documentary pieces together rare interviews, historical footage, and Walt’s own home movies to tell how one man made his dream become a reality.
Average wait time: 0 . Yes, that says ZERO! Just one more reason to pop in and visit!
Photos courtesy Disney®
Have a magical day!
Are you ready to create magical memories with your family? Contact me via email or submit the form below for your free vacation quote! As a College of Disney Knowledge graduate and Senior Travel Planner with Key to the World Travel, the official travel partner of Disney Addicts and Chip & Co., I am your family’s best resource for a stress free, magical vacation! As a full-service agent, I am here to help you with all Disney destinations worldwide, Adventures by Disney, and Disney Cruise Line as well as all theme park vacations, all cruise lines, and more! Best of all, my concierge planning services are FREE to those who book their vacations through me! Contact me today and follow me on Facebook and Instagram for travel related news–Disney and beyond.
- Disney Cruise Line Photo Packages - April 3, 2019
- Attractions with Low Wait Times at Disney’s Hollywood Studios - March 29, 2019
- Disneyland History: What’s So Special About a Park Bench - March 26, 2019