Walt Disney World, like other theme parks, charges for parking for those who want to drive their cars or rentals to the parks. Did you also know that Disney World starting charging for guests to park their cars at the resort if they are staying overnight? This policy went into effect on March 21, 2018. A lot of people were outraged by this, but most hotels you stay at across the country all charge for overnight parking. It is very rare to find a hotel that doesn’t charge. Let’s dive into the prices for parking across the parks and resorts at Walt Disney World.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Water Parks, and Disney Springs
The great news about parking at one of the four main parks is that if you decide to park hop, you won’t be charged again when you switch parks! Just bring your receipt with you when you drive over to another park.
- Preferred Parking: These parking spots are located closer to the theme park entrances than any of the other spots. If you are parking a car or motorcycle here it will cost you $45-$50 per day. Pricing is seasonal so the difference will come in depending on the day of your visit.
- Standard Parking: These parking spots are included for registered guests of Disney Resort hotels and specific Annual Passholders. If you are not one of those groups of people, you will pay $25 per day for a car or motorcycle. If you are one of those guests and want to park in preferred parking instead, you will be charged $20-$25 per day depending on the season.
- Oversize Vehicle Parking: If you drive a shuttle, limo, camper trailer, RV, bus or tractor-trailer, you’ll be charged $30 per day.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: There are a limited number of ChargePoint charging stations available at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Disney Springs. They are available on a first come, first serve basis and cost $0.35 per kilowatt hour with a minimum fee of $1.50. You need either a credit card or pre-purchased ChargePoint card to use these stations. Charging will stop when the battery is full and let the owners know that it is ready.
- Water Parks: If you decide to check out Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon or Disney’s Blizzard Beach, parking is complimentary!
- Disney Springs: Standard parking is complimentary! If you prefer to choose valet parking, that flat rate is $20 per day. Side note here is that gratuity is not included in the cost.
Walt Disney World Resorts
Starting in March 2018, Disney started charging for overnight guests to park their cars at the resorts. All fees are added to the hotel folio when you check-out. All these fees already include tax.
- Disney Value Resorts: Parking fees at the value resorts such as All-Stars and Art of Animation are $13 per night.
- Disney Moderate Resorts: Parking fees at moderate resorts such as Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans are $19 per night.
- Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: Parking fees at deluxe level resorts such as Grand Floridian or Saratoga Springs are $24 per night.
- Valet Parking: If you choose to valet park, it is only available at Deluxe resorts and Deluxe villas for $33 per night.
- Disney Vacation Club Members: If you fall into this category you are not charged for parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa.
- Day Guests: If you have dining reservations, want to shop or want to enjoy entertainment at the resorts, but are not overnight guests, parking is complimentary while enjoying these activities.
Are you ready for a pixie perfect vacation? I’m a travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations and Universal Orlando! I’m with Chip and Company’s official travel partner, Key to the World Travel! My concierge planning services are completely free when you book your magical vacation through me, so what are you waiting for? Let’s start making memories for your family that will last a lifetime! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org today or message me on Facebook!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Favorite Breakfast Places in the Disney World Parks that aren’t a Buffet - May 17, 2019
- Very Merrytime Cruises are back in 2019 aboard Disney Cruise Line - May 15, 2019
- What isn’t included on my Disney Cruise? - May 10, 2019