It’s the merriest time of year at the Disneyland Resort! If you are visiting the resort this holiday season, be sure to check out the resort hotels as well. There are so many ways to celebrate the holidays at the Disneyland Resort hotels whether you are a guest staying there or not!
- Giant Gingerbread House and Holiday Treats: Head over to the lobby of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to see the giant gingerbread replica of the hotel. It is 7 feet tall, 12 feet wide, made from 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, 1 pound of “pixie dust”, and has 25 hidden Mickeys! Nearby, you will find delicious treats at the lobby holiday cart. You can get cookies, crispy treats, apple cider, and hot chocolate just to name a few!
2. A Grand Gingerbread House Experience: At this hands-on workshop, you can work with the resort’s pastry chefs to make a miniature gingerbread house, wear a souvenir apron and enjoy hot cocoa and cookies. The class is open to the public and takes place at Storytellers Café on select dates Nov. 30 – Dec. 22, 2019.
3. Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures, Holiday Style: You can share special moments with several Disney Princesses while enjoying a three-course brunch at Napa Rose. A dozen new Winter Holiday menu items include orange scones, a Tangled Ham and Cranberry Cheese Sandwich, Mini Chicken and Mickey Pumpkin Spice Waffles, Ariel’s Under the Sea Peppermint Shells and Frozen Gingerbread Cake Pops. The morning includes activities, storytime, a private portrait location, and premium keepsakes. The breakfast is offered year-round, 8 a.m. to Noon, Thursdays through Mondays.* The Winter Holiday menu is offered Nov. 29, 2019 – Jan. 6, 2020.
4. A Very Merry Holiday Tea: Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel offers an elegant afternoon tea on select days from noon to 3 p.m., now through Dec. 31. Guests can savor scones, tea sandwiches, desserts and more. Throughout the year, this location offers other themed afternoon tea events, including Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, summer and Halloween. Reservations are recommended.
5. Santa Claus and Carolers: Santa is visiting each Disneyland Resort hotel Nov. 28 through Dec. 24. Guests can meet, greet and take a seat with St. Nick! They can enjoy the joyful sounds of the Holiday Harmony carolers strolling the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel Dec.15-25, and The Handbell Carolers perform at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Nov. 23, 2019 – Jan. 5, 2020.
6. Festive Decor: The Craftsman-inspired design at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa extends to the towering tree lit with Arts and Crafts motif lanterns. The midcentury Disneyland Hotel gives a wintry nod to “it’s a small world” Holiday in its lobby décor. Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel has shells and starfish garland draped on an underwater-themed tree for a beachy holiday setting.
If you will be staying at one of the three resort hotels, be sure to check out the holiday celebrations only available to hotel guests:
Holiday Animation Cel Class: Guests can experience what it might have been like to be a Disney Ink & Paint artist! They can paint Santa Mickey or Minnie and learn about the history of the Disney hand-drawn animation cel process. This complimentary, one-hour class at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is for overnight guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and is recommended for ages 6 and older. Supplies are provided; space is limited and registration is required.
In-Room Holiday Celebration: Families can deck the halls of their Disneyland Resort hotel room with a little magic from Mickey Mouse. The experience begins as Guests discover a holiday banner on the hotel room door, then luminaries give a warm glow throughout the room, leading the family to discover a collection of gifts for all. This in-room celebration can be booked through Disney Floral & Gifts.
Will you be staying at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels this holiday season? There’s still time to book a Disney holiday vacation! I am a travel agent with Amazing Magical Adventures and I can help you plan and book a magical holiday trip for you and your family. Contact me today for a free vacation quote!
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Top 5 Reasons to Stay at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn - February 17, 2020
- New Disney Genie App Coming Later This Year - February 17, 2020
- Avengers Campus Coming to Disney California Adventure Summer 2020 - February 15, 2020