The magic of Disney World 50th anniversary is everywhere! Specially at Animal Kingdom!
When you think of the most magical celebration on Earth, your mind immediately goes to Magic Kingdom, but all four theme parks have a lot to offer to celebrate this big milestone! Today we will focus on Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park where you will be able to find merchandise, delicious sips and bites, fun decor and amazing shows!
When you first enter the park, you have to find the Disney World 50th anniversary statues that include Dori and Nemo, Bambi and Thumper, Simba and Timon and Pumbaa! They are adorable and perfect for a cute photo op.
You will also find dazzling decorations and magical touches around the park that are full of shimmer and sparkle! Perfect for the most magical celebration on earth.
One of the new shows is Disney KiteTails over at Discovery River Theater, this show features performers flying windcatchers and kites of all shapes and sizes, including elaborate three-dimensional kites that allow friends like Simba and Zazu or Baloo and King Louie to soar like never before.
You can also enjoy music from The Lion King, The Jungle Book and more! It’s a great show for the whole family.
At night the Tree of Life will light up as it is transformed into one of the four beacons of magic that celebrate Disney World 50th anniversary. A warm and glorious light emanates from the tree on select nights as enchanted fireflies gather to call forth the magic of nature, inviting everyone to join the celebration.
The Tree of Life will also continue to awake from time to time throughout the night sharing its animal tales filled with whimsy and heart.
After all that fun, you will get hungry but don’t worry, Animal Kingdom have you cover with these delicious treats Disney chefs have created with a touch of EARidescent shimmer:
- Hand-dipped 50th anniversary celebration Mickey premium bar: Classic Nestle Mickey’s premium ice cream bar dipped in blue raspberry-flavored coating with celebration sprinkles and a little bit of pixie dust.
- Cheese fries with Walt’s chili: Crispy fries topped with Walt’s favorite chili and cheddar sauce.
- Walt’s favorite chili on foot-long hot dog: A foot-long hot dog served on a warm bun topped with Walt’s favorite chili and cheddar sauce.
- 50th celebration chocolate gateaux: Almond praline, white chocolate cremeux, ganache, and chocolate South African cream liqueur sauce.
And of course, you can’t go back home without some souvenir to remember your magical visit, that’s why amazing merchandise can be found across the park, including Island Mercantile in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
As you can see, the merch include the legend “The Magic Is Calling” which can be heard in special live entertainment moments across Walt Disney World like performances by the Discovery Island Drummers, Mickey & Friends Flotilla cruises and more!
So next time you visit Animal Kingdom Park, make sure to check out all of these new offerings and celebrate Disney World 50th anniversary! You will love them!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- 4 Reasons To Stay At The Villas At Disneyland Hotel! - September 29, 2023
- New Epcot Reimagined Collection Available Now At The Creations Shop! - September 28, 2023
- Must Try Items From New EPCOT Festival Marketplaces At Food And Wine Festival! - September 22, 2023