Major announcements for Disney World’s holiday season!
Disney has some new additions to the Very Merriest After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom this November.
Disney Very Merriest After Hours just got even merrier, with “Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories” joining the lineup of event-exclusive entertainment. Guests attending Disney Very Merriest After Hours, a separately ticketed event at Magic Kingdom Park taking place on 24 select nights Nov. 8 – Dec. 21, 2021, are invited to join Mickey and his pals for a celebration filled with music, dancing and nostalgic yuletide fun.
Presented on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage, the show features nods to classic Magic Kingdom holiday stage shows, including “Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas,” “Celebrate the Season” and “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”
Disney Very Merriest After Hours attendees can also expect lower wait times for favorite attractions! Plus, there are special attraction holiday overlays to enjoy. Holiday hilarity ensues at Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor exclusively during the event, while the popular Jingle Cruise sails throughout the holiday season for all guests to enjoy. Remember to check out additional entertainment returning during Disney Very Merriest After Hours this season:
- It’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride down Main Street, U.S.A. in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” Santa Claus, elves, reindeer and other friends from the North Pole join Mickey Mouse and his pals for the happiest holiday parade.
- The skies above Magic Kingdom Park will sparkle to life with the return of “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks,” where Minnie Mouse invites everyone to come together in a celebration of the magic of Christmas. The show features fireworks, projections and beloved holiday songs.
- Club Tinsel, located at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland, becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for the holiday cheeriest dance party in the whole Magic Kingdom!
- The Reindeer Wranglers bring their holiday hoedown to the streets of Frontierland, performing seasonal songs with a distinctive country flair.
Guests visiting Magic Kingdom Park during regular operating hours can still join in on the holiday fun! On evenings when Disney Very Merriest After Hours is not being held, Cinderella Castle takes on a festive appearance with special projection effects, providing a colorful backdrop for our Guests’ photos. Throughout the evening, bursts of holiday magic will transform Cinderella Castle with a rotating series of designs, followed by a stunning transition in which the iconic Magic Kingdom Park landmark will shine as a Beacon of Magic, illuminating the night with an EARidescent glow.
But wait, there’s more holiday details for Disney World!
Disney is bringing back a fan-favorite event to the Animal Kingdom once again!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
During the holiday season and beyond, nature holds the truest magic at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. As a part of this year’s yuletide entertainment, Discovery Island will spring to life with a Merry Menagerie of winter animals, realized in the form of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets.
Reindeer, foxes, polar bears, penguins, and more interaction with guests, accompanied by serenading musicians as they create a whimsical display and playful atmosphere for guests of all ages to enjoy.
As guests explore the park, they may spot Goofy, Chip ‘n’ Dale and other Disney character friends bringing their own style of festive flair to the Discovery River, as they jingle through the jungle to the rhythm of the holidays.
And on nights when the park is open after dark, the Tree of Life awakens as a series of wintry tales emerge from within, complemented by a familiar and heartwarming holiday-inspired musical score. Between awakening moments, the Tree of Life joins the Beacons of Magic in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, as magical fireflies gather to produce a warm and glorious light, calling forth the EARidescent magic of nature.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
This holiday season Sunset Seasons Greetings is returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Each evening holiday magic transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into a festive beacon.
Sunset Seasons Greetings returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, where each evening holiday magic transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into a Muppets gingerbread masterpiece, a “Toy Story” toy hotel, a snowy corner of Arendelle and a Dickensian village from “Mickey’s Christmas Carol.” As a part of the 50th anniversary celebration at Walt Disney World Resort, the festive fun continues when Hollywood Tower Hotel becomes a Beacon of Magic at night, awash in an EARidescence evoking all the glimmer and shimmer of the golden age of imagination and adventure.
Just in time for the holidays, “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” adds a festive finale, featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, and celebratory songs of the season.
Will you be visiting Walt Disney World during the holidays this year?
Check back here on Chip & Co. for the latest theme park and entertainment news updates!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Epcot 40th Anniversary Merchandise and Food Details - September 24, 2022
- Is Disney’s Animal Kingdom still just a half day park? - September 18, 2022
- Anniversary Week for Magic Kingdom’s Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - September 17, 2022