Some exciting changes are coming to Disney’s Polynesian Resort just in time for it’s 50th anniversary in 2021!
The resort opened in 1971 and it was one of the first to greet guests to the Walt Disney World Resort. So in order to prepare for the big celebration, the hotel will go under refurbishment for a few months, but what is going to change exactly? Well let’s take a look:
Let’s start with the main entrance, it will feature an open-truss roof covered in a thatch style. The facade will showcase pops of color complementing the Longhouses throughout the resort and the new porte cochere will have the iconic mid 20th century architecture the Polynesian is famous for.
The monorail station will feature new wooden screens covered in geometric patterns in bright colors. In order to make this happen, the Polynesian monorail station will be closed starting November 2, 2020 until summer 2021.
The entryway will have beautiful chandeliers inspired by glass floats, fishing nets and oversized bamboo elements, definitely creating a dramatic lighting effect.
But don’t worry, the Grand Ceremonial House will remain accessible to guests with some slight changes in operating hours starting October 4:
- Kona Cafe:
- Sunday – Thursday: 7:30am – 8:30pm
- Friday – Saturday: 7:30am – 9pm
- Pineapple Lanai: 10am – 9pm
- Tambu Lounge:
- Sunday – Thursday: 2pm – 9pm
- Friday – Saturday: 4pm – 11pm
- Moana Mercantile: 8am – 9:30pm
The rooms will also have a new design, as we mention before, the new decor will be inspired by Moana. We can’t wait to see how they turn out!
The villas and bungalows will remain open during this refurbishment, so if you are staying here during this time, it’s important to consider the following:
- The porte cochere and main entrance will be unavailable, so if you are arriving by the Disney’s Magical Express or personal vehicle, you will be directed to the right from the security kiosk.
- The front desk area will temporarily move to Pago Pago (building 11).
- Work on the Grand Ceremonial House will take place on Sundays through Thursdays from 10pm – 4:30am.
- Newest Disney Halloween Fashion For Dogs! - October 25, 2020
- Get Ready For Halloween With These Haunted Mansion Inspired DIY Projects! - October 23, 2020
- Epcot Festival Of The Arts Is Coming Back On January 8th! - October 22, 2020