With exceptional customer service, attention to detail, amazing amenities and breathtaking ports of call, a Disney Cruise Line vacation is like nothing you have experienced before. The gorgeous fleet of ships that celebrate the “Golden Age” of the luxury ocean liner first launched in July of 1998 with the Disney Magic and soon after the Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and finally, the Disney Fantasy followed. With 3 new ships joining the fleet in the upcoming years, Disney Addicts will have even more opportunities to enjoy majestic destinations and unsurpassed experiences while on Disney Cruise Line. While admired for their world-class entertainment, amazing amenities, and delicious dining, it’s no secret that Disney Cruise Line vacations are memorable, but what is included in the cost? Join me as we set sail to explore the price breakdown and discover what is included in the cost of a Disney Cruise Line vacation.
What’s Included on a Disney Cruise?
Your Disney Cruise Line vacation price includes:
- Staterooms: The staterooms are well-appointed and perfect for families with extra space to kick back and relax in the sitting area, additional storage under the beds and the ever-popular split bath so multiple members of your party can get ready at the same time.
- Numerous Dining Options: Enjoy rotational dining (where each night as you rotate to a new restaurant, your wait staff rotate with you) as you enjoy delicious dining options at different restaurants, buffets or enjoy the 24-hour room service. Don’t forget all that free ice cream.
- Pools: Soak up the sun at the pools, splash play areas and water slides on board.
- Recreation: Try a round of mini golf on certain ships or visit the open-air sports deck.
- Entertainment: Enjoy deck parties, fireworks at sea, and nightly entertainment that will make you think you are on Broadway.
- Characters: Meet some of your favorite Disney Characters, including (on select cruises) some of your favorite Star Wars and Marvel Characters.
- Youth Clubs: Drop your kids off and know they will be well taken care of by the Disney youth counselors as they explore the various youth clubs and activities.
- Nightclubs & Lounges: A Disney Cruise Line vacation is not just for kids! Enjoy these adult-only areas.
- Disney’s Private Island: On most Bahamian and Caribbean cruises enjoy a visit to paradise on Disney’s Private Island, Castaway Cay.
As you can see a lot is covered in the cost of your cruise. What’s not covered you might ask. Some things that are not covered include:
- Specialty dining at Remy or Palo
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Port Adventure Excursions
- Spa and Salon packages
- Photography Packages
- Snacks at the theater
Now that you know all the spectacular things that are included in the price of a Disney Cruise Line vacation, let’s take a look at all the cost and expenses associated with the booking. When you or your travel agent are booking, you should first determine which category of stateroom would fit your budget. You have Inside Staterooms that tend to be the most budget-friendly with the cost usually increasing through the Oceanview Staterooms, Verandah Staterooms, and the most expensive being the Concierge Staterooms. Once you choose your stateroom you can choose where you would like your stateroom to be located. It is often true that location on the ship can affect the cost. For example, midship staterooms are more expensive than those staterooms that are forward (front of the ship) or aft (back of the ship). Make sure to look at all the category options, the size, and location of the stateroom to determine what would suit your family’s travel preferences and budget best.
Now that you have your stateroom all picked out, let’s take a look at the cost. Disney Cruise Line pricing is based on the number of guests in the stateroom. In the price summary, you will notice that the total stateroom price is broken up into a per person cost. Disney Cruise Line is based on double occupancy … so even if you are traveling by yourself, you will still pay the price as if there were two guests in the room. This applies even if you are traveling with 1 adult and 1 child, you will still be billed as double adult occupancy. If you have a larger party, then on your price summary you will notice that after the first 2 guest rates, the 3rd, 4th, and even 5th guest added on will be charged at a reduced rate based on the age of that guest.
Next, on your price summary, you will see a charge listed as “Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses.” These are the taxes, fees, tolls and port expenses that are required to be paid when cruising. It covers such things as dockage fees, head taxes, passenger facilities charges, etc. Please be aware this price can fluctuate and you could see a change to your total cruise cost if it does.
The last thing you will notice in your price summary is the total cost of the cruise and the deposit required at the time of booking. If you are booking your cruise close to the sail date, please be aware you may have to pay the full price at the time of booking.
All this talk of Disney Cruise Line has me wishing for warm sunshine and sandy beaches. I hope you are setting sail soon on your very own Disney Cruise! Until next time, bon voyage!
Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
Are you ready to set sail on your very own Disney Cruise Line vacation? Let’s start planning your magical vacation today. As a travel planner with Key to the World Travel, I can help you with Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Adventures by Disney, Cruises, Tropical Getaways and so much more! My services are always FREE, so let’s get you booked! For a free, no obligation quote contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can complete and submit the form below.
As a travel planner with Key to the World Travel, I get to help families plan their own magical vacations every single day! It's a dream come true! I have a wonderful husband who supports my dream and a spunky daughter who always keeps me on my toes! If I am not planning amazing adventures, I am usually baking or reading a good book.
Latest posts by Renee Burton (see all)
- Amazing Entertainment Abounds on Disney Cruise Line Sailings and The Best Part, Its All Included! - May 17, 2019
- Explore Egypt with an Exciting New Adventures by Disney Itinerary in 2020 - May 12, 2019
- Walt Disney World’s Nighttime Shows Dazzle and Delight: Epcot’s IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth - April 26, 2019