Disney’s BoardWalk Inn has been on my resort bucket list for a long time. I am a huge Epcot fan and have always wanted to stay within walking distance of World Showcase. I would literally go there and walk through the countries every night of every trip if I could. My 17-year-old son and I went down to check out the BoardWalk Inn last June and we both fell in love with the vibe of the resort as well as the location.
The BoardWalk is nestled in a bustling area of Walt Disney World. When you stay here, you are within walking distance of both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The resort is themed after the Atlantic City boardwalk at the turn of the century, and as usual, Disney really nails the theming at this resort. A Deluxe category resort, BoardWalk has 378 guest rooms. The resort backs up to Crescent Lake and offers a fun dining, shopping and entertainment district right out the back door. You will frequently find performers down on the BoardWalk as well – it is so fun to catch an impromptu show right at your resort.
There are a number of different room categories available at the BoardWalk Inn:
- Standard View – offering a view of a parking lot, garden or leisure pool, these rooms sleep up to five adults and come with either two queen beds, one king bed and a day bed
- Garden View – guaranteeing a view of the beautiful BoardWalk Inn gardens, these rooms sleep up to five adults and come with either two queen beds, one king bed and a day bed
- Water View – guaranteeing a view of the BoardWalk or Crescent Lake, these rooms sleep up to five adults and come with either two queen beds, one king bed and a day bed
As a Deluxe resort, the BoardWalk Inn offers club level service. Here it is called the Innkeepers Club. There are a variety of room types available in club level, some have larger square footage than the regular resort rooms. The best part of staying club level isn’t the rooms, it’s the extra perks that include:
- Private, personalized check-in
- Access to the club lounge which includes daily continental breakfast, snacks throughout the day, and evening wine, cordials and dessert options
- Access to Disney Signature Services for vacation planning assistance
The BoardWalk area is known for fantastic table service dining options.
- Big River Grille & Brewing Works – open for lunch and dinner, this working micro-brewery serves tasty pub cuisine and a wide variety of delicious brews
- ESPN Club – looking for a relaxing vibe and fun place to catch the big game? Look no further! Open for lunch and dinner, this is a great place to have a couple beers and share some appetizers.
- Flying Fish – if you are a fan of delicious, fresh seafood, Flying Fish is the spot for you. This is definitely more of a fine dining experience, but if you love fresh fish that has been inventively prepared, you need to check it out.
- Trattoria al Forno – home to the very popular and very fun Bon Voyage character breakfast, this is a great option for delicious Italian cuisine any meal of the day.
There are also lots of options for a quick bite or sweet treat at the BoardWalk Inn. The BoardWalk Bakery is a great choice for a quick breakfast or lunch. My son and I would stop there for a pastry and a coffee on our walk to Epcot in the morning and it made for a perfect breakfast.
If you are looking for a fun place to grab a cocktail, look no further than the AbracadaBar. The theme is really unique and the drinks are delicious.
The Pizza Window is a fun way to pick up an easy dinner for your family to enjoy back in your room after a long day in the parks. My highest recommendation, however, goes to the spectacular Ample Hills Creamery. The ice cream here is top notch and comes in a variety of unusual and delicious flavors. My son would recommend the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake sundae – so good, we had to come back on our trip in October to do it again!
Disney resorts are known for having lots of great recreation options and the BoardWalk Inn is no exception. Here are some fun options for spending your time back at the resort (some of these incur an additional fee):
- Rent a surrey bike to ride along the boardwalk itself
- Head over to the nearby Fantasia Gardens mini golf course
- Take a dip in one of the pools
- Head to a campfire and roast a marshmallow or two
- Catch a movie under the stars
- Play a game at Side Show Games Arcade
- Enjoy a guided bass fishing excursion
Ready to get your workout on? Muscles and Bustles is a full fitness center right in the resort. Tennis courts are available if you want to knock a ball back and forth for a while. There are a number of jogging paths on site as well, including one along Crescent Lake.
As I mentioned, the BoardWalk is within walking distance of both Epcot and Hollywood studios. There is also bus transportation to all four theme parks, the two water parks and Disney Springs. The Friendship Boats are also a nice, relaxing option to get to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.
BoardWalk Inn Differentiators
What makes this resort worth the splurge for your next Disney World vacation? Here are some features unique to the BoardWalk Inn:
- Fantastic Location – if you spend a lot of time in Epcot’s World Showcase as I do, having the ability to simply walk on over is a huge time saver
- Great Table Service Dining Options – if your family enjoys a sit-down meal, there are so many choices on the BoardWalk, you could pick a new one every night
- Disney Skyliner Transportation – starting this fall, the BoardWalk Inn will be served by the innovative new gondola transportation system
- Amazing Theme – the BoardWalk Inn has a fully realized theme, and you will really feel like you have been transported to the old days of the Atlantic City boardwalk
Want to learn more about a stay at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn? As an agent with Chip & Co’s official travel partner, Key to the World Travel, I would love to help with your first, or next, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line or Disneyland vacation! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill out the quote request below. And be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
Latest posts by Missy Graner (see all)
- Grand Floridian Resort to Transform Bar and Lounge into ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Theme - April 22, 2019
- Embarkation Day on your Disney Cruise - April 15, 2019
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tickets are Now Available - April 8, 2019