It’s January which means many Disney Addicts (myself included) have made resolutions to get fit! If you’re worried that your Walt Disney World Vacation is going to derail that I have very good news for you: not only is it totally possible to eat healthy while at Disney, its also possible not derail your workout routine while there too! For many of us, all the walking we will do in the park’s is perfectly sufficient (I averaged 25,000 steps a day on my last trip) but for those who really enjoy hitting the gym, you absolutely can while at Disney. If you’re a runner/jogger/or like me a wogger Disney has got you covered there too! Below is a list of location around Disney World to break a sweat:
- Zahanati Fitness Center – Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Muscles & Bustles Health Club – Boardwalk
- La Vida Fitness Center – Coronado Springs Resort
- Olympiad Fitness Center – Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club – Disney’s Grand Floridian
- R.E.S.T. Exercise Room – Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Fitness Center – Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Sturdy Branches Health Club – Wilderness Lodge and Villas
- Ship Shape Health Club – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club and Villas
If running is your thing, you are in luck! Nearly every resort has a running trail available and you don’t have to be a guest of that resort to utilize them! Here are our top 3:
Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness
The 2.5-mile trail around Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and meanders along a roundabout journey through the resort and into a wooded area leading to its campgrounds. The campground at Fort Wilderness is one of my favorite spots at Disney. It is so peaceful and quiet- which is a great change of pace from the sometimes hectic atmosphere of the parks. A perfect place for a jog to take care of your body and mind!
Pop Century Resort / Art of Animation Resort
If you’d rather run in the heart of it all, the jogging trial between Pop Century and Art of Animation is for you! Not only can you get your workout in, but you can also learn a few things along the way- the trial is marked with fun facts throughout the decades! Totally Rad!
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Take a scenic run or walk along the 0.6-mile course that winds near the water and has views of Barefoot Bay. Run past cannons and beaches and, if you time it right, even see the fireworks from Epcot! It’s a swashbuckling way to keep those resolutions. Do keep in mind that this trial is one of the best routes from the Trinidad section to Old Port Royal so you may encounter more than fellow fitness buffs along this trial.
No matter your goals- you can still achieve them while at Disney World! Let us know what your resolution was in the comments!
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019