Answer: No, your child under age 3 does not have to wear the Disney Magic Band. Disney sends a free, customized Magic Band for each person on your reservation, no matter their age.
Children 0-2 years old will still get the bands, like everyone else, and may love to wear it because it has Mickey on it! If they don’t want to wear it, or if you prefer they didn’t, you can leave it in your Resort room, or hook it to the backpack, or wear it yourself if you’d like. It will only open your room door, as their tickets and dining plans are free, so there will be no other use for them.
Some little ones likes to pretend to scan it when entering rides or using FastPasses!
What is a Magic Band?
- Magic Bands are RF (radio frequency) enabled cards that are inside a colorful rubber bracelet. They have Mickey on them and you can choose the color on your MyDisneyExperience Account.
- Magic Bands are made from a hypoallergenic material.
- Magic Bands open the door to your resort room if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
- You can add credit cards to your Magic Bands and pay for things with a 4 digit pin.
- FastPasses are stored on your Magic Bands, so you don’t have to carry around a ticket.
- Magic Bands are free if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
- Magic Bands are one size fits all and can be adjusted to fit smaller children.
- You can buy Magic Bands at the Resorts, Parks, and Disney Store that feature characters, also charms and “bandits” as you can see in the picture above, we ordered The Incredibles Bandits from the Disney Store for our last trip!
- Plastic cards are available to those that do not wish to use Magic Bands, or are not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019