When it comes to picking a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel to stay at, my family and I usually opt for Value Resorts – as we have had great experiences at them all, and plus – you can’t beat the price! For those of you who are considering staying at the Value Resorts but aren’t sure if your whole family can survive a week in a small hotel room – fear not – as there are family suites available at some of the Value Resorts, too! Read on to learn more and figure out if a Walt Disney World Value Resort Family Suite is the right fit for you:
What’s In A Family Suite? You’ll find a separate “master” bedroom with a queen bed, as well as two full bathrooms, and kitchenette with a microwave, small refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, and some cabinet storage. Additionally, there are 2 TV’s and a living/dining area as well. They measure in at 520 -565 square feet (vs 260 sq ft in a standard Value Resort Hotel Room), and can sleep 6 (plus a baby in a pack n play)
Cost: As with any other Disney World resort room – the cost varies largely depending on the time of year you visit – but the starting price range for the family suites is approximately $250-$350 a night during “non-peak” times. To put this in perspective, a standard room starts at about $150-$200 a night. So – is it worth it? Well – let’s look at some benefits of the “Suite” Life:
Benefits Of Staying In A WDW Family Suite:
- TWO bathrooms – this is a HUGE HUGE benefit – as having multiple adults and children of varying ages sharing just one bathroom can get a bit tricky!
- Kitchenette – allows you the ability to store and prepare simple meals for you and your family – you can easily enjoy breakfast in your suite before heading to the parks, or grab a quick sandwich for lunch, or even just store some drinks in the fridge. Either way – the money saving potential is HUGE – as the markup on every-day items like bottled water or Nutri Grain/granola bars is pretty big at Disney – and why pay that if you don’t have to?
- Separate “Master” bedroom – After a long day of walking, sun and sweat, tantrums, breakdowns, waiting in line, and trying to find a table at lunchtime – I think it’s safe to say that most parents will happily close that bedroom door come lights out time and breathe a small sigh of relief that they have their own space to relax and decompress.
- Space – As stated above, Family Suites are essentially twice the size of a standard hotel room – so that means more space to spread out, which might not seem like a big deal, but if each kid has a spot to play in not to mention a bed of their own, many tears, fights and headaches can be avoided
Of the 5 WDW Value Resorts, you will find Family Suites at the All Star Music Resort and the Art of Animation Resort. Different themes, but same idea – giving families the ability to enjoy an alternative to your standard hotel room experience. Hopefully this can help your family decide if a family suite might be the best fit for your WDW vacation!
Thinking about a trip to Walt Disney World? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Latest posts by Catie H (see all)
- Disney World Planning: First Time Trip Tips - April 9, 2018
- So You Just Booked Your First Walt Disney World Trip – Now what? - March 17, 2018
- 5 of Our Favorite Walt Disney World Desserts - March 3, 2018