Today Disney announced a new experience coming to the Disneyland Resort! A Touch of Disney is a limited-capacity ticketed food and beverage experience at Disney California Adventure beginning March 18, 2021.
A selection of iconic food and beverage items from both Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park will be available for guests to enjoy, from churros and the world-famous DOLE Whip to the classic Monte Cristo Sandwich usually found in New Orleans Square. Many items will be served snack-sized, so you can delight in a variety of bites and sips from mid-day through the evening. These guest-favorites will be available at locations around the park, including Smokejumpers Grill, Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, Award Wieners, Cocina Cucamonga to name a few, and six seasonal and creatively themed marketplaces.
Select retail locations also will be open, selling the latest apparel, accessories and souvenirs, including the new, adorable Disney NuiMOs. Pop in and out of the shops along Buena Vista Street or head to Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff at Pixar Pier for a selection of treats, including themed candy apples.
While you explore the park, capture photos at iconic locations and discover new photo-worthy spots – some that are available only if you attend A Touch of Disney. You might catch a wave from Mickey Mouse and see some of his pals in unexpected settings. Mater and Lightning McQueen may be seen in Cars Land, or Joy and Sadness at Pixar Pier. To help set the stage for A Touch of Disney, a new, specially curated soundtrack of reimagined Disney songs will be broadcast throughout the park, along with updates and reminders about many can’t-miss experiences. Attractions will remain closed for now.
Here’s what you need to know for visiting during this experience:
- Dates: Beginning Mar. 18; offered Thursdays – Mondays from noon to 8 p.m.
- Pricing: The introductory $75 ticket includes admission, parking for the experience at Mickey & Friends parking structure, unlimited downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the day of the experience, and a $25 A Touch of Disney dining card valid towards the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages (subject to restrictions including not being valid for alcohol). Ticket prices are subject to change.
- Tickets: A Touch of Disney tickets will be available on Disneyland.com beginning March 4, for select days from March 18 through April 5, 2021. Tickets for this experience will then be released for dates on a rolling basis until the experience ends. Tickets must be purchased in advance and online at Disneyland.com for a specific date (subject to availability).
- Dining: Table reservations for Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining will be made available beginning March 11. Table reservations do not provide admission to A Touch of Disney and dining at those locations requires A Touch of Disney ticket that is valid on the same day as the table reservation. Reservations are recommended, and additional details are coming soon.
Downtown Disney District will remain open seven days a week with unique dining and shopping that includes Black Tap Craft Burgers and Shakes, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Naples Ristorante e Bar, World of Disney and Star Wars Trading Post, which recently opened in a new location. Buena Vista Street will remain open as an extension of the Downtown Disney District through March 14, and will be closed beginning March 15. Beginning March 18, Buena Vista Street will become part of A Touch of Disney.
A Touch of Disney will operate with limited capacity and enhanced health and safety measures in place. Close to 1,000 Cast Members will return to work for this experience. Disneyland Resort Legacy Passholders will also enjoy a special opportunity at A Touch of Disney, with details to come on the Disneyland Legacy Passholder Facebook page.
We are so excited about this new experience at Disneyland! Will you be going to A Touch of Disney when it opens? For help with planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent specializing in Disney destinations and can help you plan a magical vacation at no extra cost to you!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort planDisney Pocket Guide - October 20, 2021
- What to know when planning those Disneyland Dining Reservations in advance - October 19, 2021
- Everything coming to the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays this year - October 16, 2021