If there’s been a rising trend at Disney World over the last few years, it undoubtedly centres around the increasing number of Disney Dessert Parties being offered as a way to enhance your fireworks and parade viewing experiences. We here at Disney Addicts think adding one of these exclusive events to your Disney World itinerary provides the ideal way for visitors to wind down, soak in some of Disney World’s most delightful views without the crowds, not to mention a perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth. However, with so many variations on the dessert party theme currently being offered at Disney World, finding the one that’s perfect for you can be a bit of a daunting task. To help you with the process here’s our guide of the 9 dessert parties currently on offer at Walt Disney World.
1. Fantasmic! Dessert and VIP Viewing Experience – Hollywood Studios – We’ll start the list, with Disney’s most affordable and only on-the-go dessert party option. Guests will get the opportunity to enjoy VIP seating at Fantasmic!, Hollywood Studios’ amazing nighttime show featuring a breathtaking mix of pyrotechnics, much loved Disney characters, Broadway-style theatrics, familiar songs and incredible water projections. Those booking under the package will first pop by a special area of the Fantasmic! theater to pick up a freshly prepared snack tray featuring an impressive array of sweet and salty treats including chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers as well as make-your-own “worms and dirt.” Included with this treat is a speciality drink served in a souvenir cup which can include alcohol for those 21 and older. After picking up your beverage you’ll be escorted to the VIP viewing area where your seat is waiting for you. The event occurs nightly and the cost is $39 per adult and $19 per child (ages 3-9).
2. Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Party – Departs from Transportation and Ticket Center – If your favorite way to view Magic Kingdom’s magnificent event fireworks display is without the crowds, then this may be just the ticket for you. The Ferrytale Fireworks dessert party offers unforgettable views of Magic Kingdom’s fireworks from the General Joe Potter ferryboat as it sails along Seven Seas Lagoon. The menu includes unforgettable goodies from the Chefs at the Deluxe Resorts around the Lagoon and features an eclectic mix of desserts and pastries as well as hot, cold and alcoholic drinks for those over 21. Fun for the whole family, the event also typically includes scavenger hunts and a take-home gift. For those visiting Walt Disney World this holiday season, they are also offering special Christmas-themed cruises on December 1, 3, 8, 10 and 15. The cost to attend a cruise is $99 per adult and $69 for children (ages 3-9).
3. Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage – Disney’s Contemporary Resort – This fireworks cruise/dessert party definitely has kid appeal. Your evening starts at Disney’s Contemporary Resort where guests are treated to a hidden cache of pirate goodies including, cake, ice cream, candy and hot and cold beverages before meeting the hosts of the party, Captain Hook and Mr Smee. Guests are escorted through the Contemporary as part of a Pirate Parade and down to the docks where you board a boat that takes you out to Seven Seas Lagoon for an evening filled with fun, games, sea shanties and breathtaking views of Happily Ever After fireworks. Guests then return to dry land where a very special treat awaits – as much as I want to give it away, I won’t! The cruise costs $72 for adults and $43 per child.
4. Tiana’s Riverboat Party – Ice Cream Social and Viewing Party – Magic Kingdom- This event takes place midday and features unique views of the Festival of Fantasy Parade (0r Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade during the holidays) from aboard the Liberty Belle Steamboat. Guests start their afternoon with an ice cream social on the dock located next to the Haunted Mansion at Liberty Square. Visitors can make their own sundaes, enjoy cakes and soft drinks while rubbing shoulders with Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen from The Princess and The Frog. Tiana and Naveen bid good-bye to guests (as they’re in the parade) and then visitors board the Liberty Belle which sails out a bit toward Frontierland so that guests can enjoy views of the Parade. While onboard guests can continue to enjoy popcorn, ice cream and refreshments. When the parade is over, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen board again to spend time with the party guests who are taken on a magical boat ride. This event is a must-do for Princess and the Frog lovers though I must say that if you’re desperate for the best views of the afternoon parade your better option is to get a spot curbside. The cost to attend Tiana’s party is $49 per adult and $29 per child. The party starts 45 minutes before the afternoon parade and advanced booking is encouraged. – This party is currently unavailable while refurbishments are being carried out to the Liberty Belle.
5. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party – Hollywood Studios – Perfect for the Star Wars lovers in your family, this Dessert Party is the ideal way to view A Galactic Spectacular. The evening starts with a selection of Star Wars-themed desserts like the Darth Vader cupcakes as well as speciality drinks (including cocktails) served in a Chewbacca Souvenir Stein. Then just before the Spectacular, clients are led to a VIP viewing area right in front of the Chinese Theater for a central view of the event. Fans young and old will be blown away by this Star-Wars themed nighttime extravaganza featuring projections of key scenes from the franchise onto the Chinese Theatre, pyrotechnics, lasers and out-of-this-world special effects all set to the heart-pounding soundtrack fans have come to know and love. The cost of this event is $79 per adult and $45 per child.
6. Frozen Ever After Dessert Party- Epcot – Perfect for Frozen fans young and old, this celebration begins at World Showcase Plaza East where guests can enjoy sweet Frozen-themed treats like Olaf’s warm double-chocolate and s’mores pudding cake, Elsa’s warm cottage pudding with salted caramel glaze, and hand-dipped vanilla bean ice cream. Speciality beverages are also available including beer, wine or speciality cocktails for adults. Guests will experience breathtaking views of Illuminations, Epcot’s evening fireworks display, and then the event is topped off with VIP access to the Frozen Ever After ride at the Norway Pavilion. The cost to attend is $79 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $47 per child (ages 3 to 9.)
7. Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace – Magic Kingdom – Held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, this dessert party offers a delicious array of goodies including character-themed cupcakes, ice cream, chocolate mousse, and chocolate dipped strawberries. Guests can also choose from a range of hot and cold beverages like sparkling cider, hot chocolate, teas, coffees and lemonades. Just prior to the fireworks, guests will be escorted to a seating area at Tomorrowland Terrace to enjoy the Happily Ever After fireworks display. The cost to attend the party is $79 per adult and $47 per child (ages 3-9). Guests visiting during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party should note that special seasonal versions of this party exist featuring specially themed treats and views of the party fireworks. More information on the Christmas Dessert Party can be found here.
8. Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing – Magic Kingdom – There is a lot of confusion when it comes to choosing between this event and the Dessert Party listed above so I’ll make it simple for you. This party is essentially the same as the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party with one difference: Instead of sitting on the patio at Tomorrowland Terrace to watch Happily Ever After, guests are escorted to a VIP section located in Plaza Garden for standing-room-only views of the fireworks. This is a better option for those wanting to save a bit of cash as the cost is $59 per adult and $35 per child (ages 3-9.)
9. NEW! After Fireworks Dessert Party – Magic Kingdom – Due to the popularity of the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert parties, Disney will begin offering a third dessert party option to accommodate even more guests to the park. The new event dubbed the After Fireworks Dessert Party will debut on May 28, 2018. With this new option, guests can experience Happily Ever After from standing room in the Plaza Garden and afterwards head over to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant to tuck in to an impressive array of sweet and savory treats. Snacks include options inspired by the different lands of the Magic Kingdom. You’ll find options like the S’mores Action Station (Frontierland), Pineapple Delights (Adventureland) and Macarons (Fantasyland). Savory snacks include cheeses, mini eggrolls and more. The cost to attend is $69 per adult and $41 per child (ages 3-9).
Guests should note that all dessert parties can be booked online via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE. Each of the events listed above are extremely popular so advanced booking is essential. Valid theme park admission is required for all dessert parties taking place within a theme park.
We hope that one of the parties listed above has tickled your fancy and that you’ll include one of these special VIP viewing events during your next visit to the Mouse.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019