Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind opened to the public on May 27, 2022. Being so new, it is one of the most popular and sought-after attractions throughout Walt Disney World. So much so, that joining a virtual queue or paying for Individual Lightning Lane access are the only ways to experience this attraction. There is currently no standby line offered. Guests must plan ahead if this ride is on their must-do list, as obtaining a spot in the virtual queue can sometimes be difficult. Let’s go over everything you need to know about how to snag that spot without having to pay for Lightning Lane access!
When Can I Try For a Spot in the Queue?
Guests with valid tickets and EPCOT park pass reservations have their first chance to join the virtual queue at 7 am the day of the park pass reservation. Guests can do this from the comfort of their hotel room. It is very important to have the My Disney Experience app downloaded and ready to go, and have all eligible members of the traveling group linked to the account. Keep in mind all guests wishing to ride must have valid tickets and park reservations for that day.
Open the My Disney Experience App and make sure you are signed in (I would do this by 6:55 am to be safe)
- Keep a timer going, or set up the world clock on another device so you can track time by the second
- Immediately at 7 am on the dot click the join button to join a virtual queue
- All eligible members of your party that are linked to your account through your family and friends list with valid tickets and reservations will be added
- Hit the join button again
- You will either get your Boarding Group number or a message that the queue has been filled
- You will get an estimated return time when you are assigned your group
What if the Virtual Queue is Filled and I don’t get a Group?
If you don’t get a group at 7 am, no need to panic. Guests get another try at 1 pm. To be eligible for a 1 pm chance to join the queue, guests must either be inside EPCOT park or have entered the park earlier in the day. Guests who have not yet entered EPCOT will not be permitted to join a boarding group. The process to join at 1 pm is the exact same as 7 am. We have heard that on select days boarding groups have been available for up to an entire hour after the 1 pm opening!
How Long do I Have to Get to the Attraction Once my Group is Called?
Guests have a window to return to the attraction queue once their group is called to return. The status of your group can be checked using the My Disney Experience App. Cast Members have been very lenient for guests arriving past their return window, but as a courtesy and to keep things moving, try to be on time.
Extended Evening Hours
For guests with Extended Evening Hours on days that EPCOT is participating, there is another chance to obtain a boarding group! The third and final opening is at 6 pm, only on EPCOT’s extended evenings and only for eligible guests.
While this whole process may seem like a lot, it does alleviate the long waiting times we would see without a virtual queue. Many guests say that they have better luck when all other apps on their phones are shut down and they are not using Disney wifi. For me, using the world clock or timer has been very successful. We have heard joining has been getting easier and easier, and we expect this system to be used when Tron: Lightcycle Run opens at Magic Kingdom as well!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- These 5 Disney Resorts Really Get into the Holiday Spirit! - November 7, 2022
- Spending the Holidays at Disney World- You Won’t Want to Miss These Experiences and Activities! - November 2, 2022
- Get to Know Your Favorite Spooky Haunted Mansion Characters! - October 31, 2022