Question: Is There Internet Access on the Disney Cruise Line?
Answer: YES! If you have a device that has wireless capabilities (laptop, tablet, smartphone), you are able to use it on-board. One thing to keep in mind is that due to the technology and satellite connection, the onboard internet service will likely be much slower than what you are used to and you may experience times where the service is interrupted or unavailable. This is commonly seen during days at sea, when there are more cruisers on the ship accessing the service. Sample rates for internet access are:
- Pay-As-You-Go: $.025 per MB
- Small- $19.00 for 100MB (good choice for occasional use to keep up with things going on at home and checking your email occasionally)
- Medium- $39.00 for 300 MB (good choice for moderate use to share cruise experiences with friends and family back home)
- Large- $89.00 for 1,000 MB (great for streaming movies or music)
NOTE: All of the packages can be shared among multiple devices
Wave phones are available of use while on the ship and on Castaway Cay to reach out to fellow cruisers and families. These allow you to call and text without having to use your personal cell phone and are included in your fare. You can call any shipboard phone, stateroom phone or other Wave Phone. In your stateroom, you will find two phones. Additional phones are available for a fee.
The Disney Cruise Line certainly makes it easy to stay connected with friends and family back home while you are away. But, better yet…why not bring them along next time! Contact me to start planning your magical getaway with a family or group. And be sure to follow me on Facebook to keep up with all things Disney! Happy Sailing!
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019