A recent survey, from researcher Michelle Gielan, shows that the simple act of planning a vacation can boost your happiness and even increase your energy levels. The survey showed that 97 percent of respondents reported having a trip planned makes them happier. Seventy-one percent of respondents felt greater levels of energy when they had a trip planned in the next six months.
This survey was part of a new travel industry-wide initiative called “Let’s Go There.” Disney is proud to support this initiative, which aims to spark conversation about future getaways and encourage travel planning.
“The memories and experiences that travel enables cannot be replaced,” said Jill Estorino, President and Managing Director at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and a co-chair of the Let’s Go There Coalition. “This campaign is a first step in inspiring Americans to think about planning a vacation, and encouraging them to look forward to experiencing the wonder and joy—and even magic—that only travel can offer.”
Respondents to the survey mentioned above strongly agreed with the following statements:
- Simply knowing there was something to look forward to would bring me joy: 95%
- Planning travel for some time in the next six months would bring me happiness: 80%
- Planning something would make me feel more in control amidst so much uncertainty: 74%
- Getting to travel and feeling safe while doing it would bring me peace of mind: 96%
“Booking a trip—even just getting it on the calendar—might be the very thing we need to restore our emotional immune system after months of mounting uncertainty and stress,” said Michelle Gielan, Founder, Institute for Applied Positive Research.
Given the benefits of planning travel, it might be the right time for you to start thinking about your next Disney vacation. I know I always feel happier knowing I have a vacation count down!
Helping others plan and book their vacations also makes me happier! If you’d like to start planning a vacation (Disney or not), contact me today. I am a travel agent with Amazing Magical Adventures, a Disney Earmarked agency. I can help you plan a memorable trip at no extra cost to you!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Top 5 Things to Know About Disney Cruise Line’s Port Everglades - November 20, 2023
- Where to Enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner at the Disneyland Resort - November 18, 2023
- Dates and Details Announced for the 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts - November 18, 2023