It’s been over 10 years since Tangled came out in theaters. The film, fresh with new stories, relatable characters, and great music managed to create a respectable franchise due to its success. Since its release in 2010, the movie has launched a short film (Tangled Ever After), a TV film (Tangled: Before Ever After), and a show (Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure). With all that, you’d think fans would be satisfied – but we still want more!
- The Journey to Queen Rapunzel
- Rapunzel is a princess and she will eventually become queen. This storyline is discussed in the animated series but there are many storylines Rapunzel can take on her journey to become who she was truly meant to be. All with a supportive and loyal husband by her side. For a girl who was raised in a tower, there is plenty for her to learn and become aquanted to in order to become a responsible ruler for her kingdom!
- Hairy Situations
- The Tangled franchise has also discussed the possibility of Rapunzels hair growing back. Would it have magical properties? It is entirely in the realm of possibility that her hair may never grow back, but if a child was born, could they have the potential magical abilities. Or, could the magic the flower posessed be just to great for one person to have control over? Anything is possible and we hope to have these answers solved in a sequel!
- Create-a-Family or Make-a-Family
- Family is an important to Rapunzel. Did she actually say that? No. Okay, you caught me. But in Tangled, and the series that followed, Rapunzels isolation caused her to be more outgoing and friendly. She surrounds herself with people in her life that she cares about. The possibility of her creating a makeshift family (much like Madame Adelaide Bonfamille in Aristocats), is not to far out of the realm of actually happening. Also, Eugines and Rapunzels child may have the magical gift that her hair had.
Whether Tangled 2 happens or not, there are plenty of ways to go deep into the world of Rapunzel and to make your own conclusions as time moves on. One thing we CAN be sure of is that Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi have always voiced their characters (aside from age-related voice actors). We would love to see the two reprise their roles in another Disney Animated film.
So should Disney create a Tangled 2? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Photo and Information Credit: Disney / Walt Disney Animation
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Disneyland’s ‘Star Tours’ Celebrates its 35th Anniversary! - January 7, 2022
- 9 Disney Theatrical Releases Arriving in 2022! - January 4, 2022
- Check out these 6 Magnificant Marvel Documentaries on Disney+! - December 28, 2021