For those that love Instagram as much as we do here at Disney Addicts, there is no shortage of great backdrops at Walt Disney World Resort that make getting that perfect shot almost effortless. As a matter of fact, we’ve already published a few posts about the “Disney Walls” found across the theme parks which have reached cult-like status. That’s why we were squealing with delight when Disney Parks Blog decide to share a little Instagram inspiration found at Walt Disney World’s incredible and colorful resort properties. Take a look at these 6 favorites:
1. Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – There’s no shortage of tropical inspiration at this popular monorail resort. Head over to the outdoor patio at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto for a shot like the beautiful one above.
The wonderful geometric shapes found on some of the external walls are also great for those looking for a bit of a mid-century modern feel.
2. Disney’s Boardwalk Resort – We start with one of our favorite spots to have our photo snapped, on the iconic steps that take guests down from the main entrance of this stunning turn of the century-themed resort to the bustling Boardwalk brimming with incredible shops, entertainment and eateries.
Once you’re down at the Boardwalk, stop by Jellyrolls dueling piano bar for a bit of a retro seaside look.
3. Copper Creek Villas & Cabins- We absolutely love the rustic charm of this Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Property. The new Copper Creek addition is no exception and offers spaces perfect for those Instagram shots. Natural elements like the rock formation (above) found near the Silver Springs Pool offers a beautiful and delightfully understated backdrop.
For a bit more of rustic flair head over to Salon by the Springs where you can snap your photo with this beautiful log-cabin as your backdrop.
4. Disney’s Old Key West Resort – We’ve long considered Old Key West,(one of the first DVC properties at Disney) to be a bit of a hidden gem. There is incredible attention to detail paid throughout. So, it’s no wonder that there are beautiful backdrops to be found. You don’t have to go far for the first photo op which is taken just outside of the resort check-in area.
The resort buildings with their beautiful pink, yellow and blue island-themed hues also lend themselves perfectly to fun family photos. Find your favorite shade or try them all out.
For a list of other reasons why we love Old Key West check out this article.
5. Saratoga Springs Resort – Speak of classic glamour, Saratoga Springs is another DVC property that is packed with Instagram-worthy details you’ll want to be sure to capture like this minty green spot located next to the High Rock Springs Pool. Another reason we love this property is that it is just around the corner from Disney Springs which also offers a plethora of perfect places to pose for photos.
6. Animal Kingdom Lodge – The Animal Kingdom Lodge is heaving with African-inspired details both inside and out so be sure to have your cameras at the ready. And with beautiful expansive savannahs located right on property, you may even be able to steal a selfie with an animal or two. But for those looking for the perfect backdrop, we prefer the simplicity and the lovely details you’ll find on the external walls throughout the resort. Jambo House is filled with delightful off-the-beaten path balconies offering unrivaled views as well as a bit of inspiration for your Instagram snaps!
Walt Disney World Resort is an Instagram-lovers dream so be prepared to take tons of photos. If you manage to capture a shot at some of our suggested locations listed above, be sure to #WallsofDVC to let Disney World know!
Readers are encouraged to follow along with the Chip and Co. Instagram account which is filled with fun theme parks shots, tons of food, newsworthy happenings and more!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019