With income tax refunds coming and the Summer months quickly approaching, many families are starting to plan those vacations for the rest of 2018 and in some cases into 2019. That’s why it’s not surprising that a question we here at Disney Addicts are getting asked quite a lot is “When is the best time to visit Walt Disney World?” We subscribe to the notion that there is never a bad time to visit. That being said, we must admit, that we are pretty partial to head to Disney in the Fall. With this in mind, not only is now the perfect time to be making those late 2018 bookings but there are a lot of great reasons why this time of year is tops in our book. With this in mind, here are 7 reasons why we think you should start planning your Fall 2018 Walt Disney World getaway
1. Stay in the renovated Caribbean Beach Resort – For most of 2017 and 2018, this much-loved moderate property has been a bit of a “no-go” area for Disney visitors. This is due to the fact that the resort is undergoing such extensive renovations that it has resulted in massive areas of the property being closed or temporarily relocated due to construction. However, visitors staying later this year will start to reap the amazing benefits. Transformations will include a totally re-vamped lobby, the expansion of Centertown Market, and al-fresco dining at a new Caribbean-inspired restaurant and pool bar. As you can see from the photo above, this property is destined to be a go-to destination for budget-minded Disney travelers. Why not be among the first?
2. Enjoy lighter crowds – If you don’t fancy the heaving crowds and scorching temperatures of Walt Disney World during the Summer months than Fall provides a nice alternative. After Labor Day, September tends to be a quieter period which means less time waiting in line to enjoy your favorite attractions. With the exception of Columbus Day Weekend, early October allows you to enjoy all of the seasonal decorations without the heavier crowds that come closer to Halloween. We’ve also enjoyed quieter visits in November before the crowds swell at Thanksgiving and early December before the heavy Christmas crowds. For a list of the best dates to visit in 2018 check out this article.
3. Experience Toy Story Land – With Toy Story Land opening in late June, Summer will be bedlam at Hollywood Studios as fans embrace the new expansion. Remember the early days of Pandora when attractions had 3-hour waits? Though you can certainly expect Woody, Jessie, Buzz and friends to be the big draw throughout 2018, waiting until later in the year should provide more opportunities to enjoy this expansion without the Black Friday-like crowds. For more information on the Toy Story Land expansion check out this article.
4. Nab a fall discount – The last quarter of 2018, has historically been the perfect time to go for those hoping to nab discount. For those holding out for Disney’s Free Dining promotion, if it is offered it will typically be from August- December (with the exception of blackout dates.). In 2017, the Free Dining promotion wasn’t as plentiful as had been in years past. However, Disney normally runs the Free Dining offer in conjunction with a room discount offer which can also provide some nice savings for lucky travelers. For more information on projected Fall 2018 promotions check out this article.
5. Enjoy tasty dishes from around the World at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Out of the four incredible festivals that run throughout the year at Epcot, this one has to be our favorite. The festival will return on August 30, 2018 and will run until November 12, 2018. The 2018 fest will feature many guest favorites including global marketplaces, guest chef appearances, culinary demonstrations, exclusive dining opportunities, beverage seminars and the Eat to the Beat Concert Series and dining packages. If you’re plotting out a Fall 2018 visit to Walt Disney World, definitely set aside some time to visit Epcot.
6. Experience a spooktacular Halloween at the Magic Kingdom – Tickets have recently gone on sale for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. During this seasonal event, guests are encouraged to don your favorite costumes, grab your candy bags and head over to the Magic Kingdom for a Halloween celebration Disney-style. There’s trick-or-treating, special seasonal snacks, a Halloween-themed parade and fireworks display and more. This year’s party kicks off in mid-August and runs on the following dates:
- August 17, 24, 28, 31
- September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
- October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31
The party is a hard ticketed event which means your ticket also covers you for evening theme park access to the Magic Kingdom. Costs start at $75 and can be booked via your travel agent, by calling 407.939.1872.
7. Make it a Christmas they won’t forget – One of the most magical times of year to pay a visit to Disney World is definitely in the lead-in to Christmas. Though Christmas crowds can be insane, guests in early November and Early December can enjoy all of Disney’s traditional holiday trimmings without the crazy crowd levels. In addition, there is a wide array of magical events from the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays and Candlelight Processional at Epcot to dazzling lights and holiday projections at Hollywood Studios. There’s also Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party over at Magic Kingdom where they make it snow on Main Street USA (trust us, you’ll get weepy) and offer special character meet and greets, Christmas treats, a visit from Santa Claus and so much more. Dates for this year’s party are as follows:
- November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29, 30
- December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21
Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party start at $95. Tickets can be purchased by contacting your travel agent or by calling 407.939.1872.
So what are you waiting for? Start Planning your Fall 2018 Walt Disney World getaway by getting your FREE quote. Read below to find out how!
Happy planning and we hope to see you at Disney World this Autumn!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019