Earlier this year, Be Our Guest Restaurant, one of the hottest tickets when it comes to advanced dining reservations announced that it is changing its menu going for a more expensive 3-Course Prix Fixe option. As a result, the restaurant which normally charges 1 Table Service Dining Credit for those on the Disney Dining Plan (as of July 27th) will begin charging two dining credits putting it on par with a meal at Cinderella’s Royal Table. You can find out more about the changes here.
This means that Be Our Guest is officially joining the ranks of a handful of other Disney restaurants that charge two credits per person per meal. For those new to the Dining Plans or who are currently in the process of planning out your dining reservations, here’s a quick rundown of how Dining Credits work and a look at the restaurants that will charge you two credits per person to dine there.
Disney Dining Plans offer a fantastic way to make your Walt Disney World vacation package all inclusive. There are three plans, offering a range of different options. These are as follows:
- Disney Quick Service Dining Plan: 2 Quick Service credits and 2 Snack Credits per person per night of stay.
- Disney Dining Plan: 1 Table Service dining credit, 1 Quick Service credit and 2 Snack Credits per person per night of day.
- Deluxe Dining Plan: 3 dining credits per day that can be used on either Quick Service or Table Service Restaurants and 2 snack credits per day
The majority of Disney World’s sit down restaurants will only charge 1 Table Service credit per person per meal. However, Disney has a handful of restaurants on property including Character Dining and Signature/Fine Dining that will actually set diners back 2 credits per meal. It pays to know what these are going into to making your dining reservations so that you don’t find yourself coming up short on dining credits and paying out of pocket.
Here’s a rundown of Walt Disney World dining locations that requiring that diners part with 2 dining credits for one meal.
Character Dining – Though the majority of Character Dining Experiences at Disney World come it at 1 Table Service Credit, there is one notable exception that often strikes first-time Disney planners unaware – Cinderella’s Royal Table in Cinderella’s Castle at the Magic Kingdom. Here Guests have the opportunity to meet Cinderella and dine with many of her Princess friends. However, the privilege of eating within one of Disney World‘s most iconic landmarks comes at a cost. Breakfast, lunch or dinner here will set visitors back 2 Table Service credits.
Signature/Fine Dining Restaurants: These are Disney’s more formal gourmet offerings. Guests are still eligible to use both the Disney Dining Plan and Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, however, a meal at the following restaurants will take 2 Table Service Credits per person per meal:
- Be Our Guest (Dinner only)
- Le Cellier Steakhouse
- Monsieur Paul
- The Hollywood Brown Derby
Walt Disney World Resorts
- Jiko – The Cooking Place (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Flying Fish (Boardwalk Inn)
- California Grill (Contemporary Resort)
- Citricos (Grand Floridian Resort)
- Narcoossee’s (Grand Floridian Resort)
- Artist’s Point (Wilderness Lodge)
- Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club Resort)
- The BOATHOUSE Restaurant
- Morimoto Asia
Dinner Shows – Disney has three Table Service options that offer live entertainment while you eat. Each of these experiences take up 2 Table Service credits per person, with wine and beer available to those over the age of 21. They are as follows:
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ (Fort Wilderness) Featuring Live Country Western Music and visit from Mickey and Friends
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (Fort Wilderness) Featuring dancing, singing and vaudeville comedy.
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Polynesian Village Resort) Polynesian dancing and luau.
Pizza Delivery – Select Walt Disney Resorts do offer a pizza delivery service. These are as follows:
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort – 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort – 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – 4:00 PM to midnight
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – 4:00 PM to midnight
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – 4:00 PM to midnight
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – 4:00 PM to midnight
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – 4:00 PM to midnight
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – 4:00 PM to midnight
There is certainly a lot of comfort and convenience in being able to have a pizza delivered directly to your Walt Disney World resort room. However, I am not a huge advocate of using 2 Table Service Credits to pay for the service. If you have leftover credits and you’re nearing the end of your stay then go for it. Otherwise, save your Table Service Credits for much more expensive options like Character Dining to maximize the value of your dining plan.
Private dining (aka room service) – This is available at select resorts. Those wanting the ease of being able to eat in your resort room will be charged 2 Table Service Credits.
Guests can choose from a variety of American favorites at the following locations:
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
Visitors should note that menus and hours of availability vary by Resort hotel.
If you are planning out your Disney dining reservations in the weeks ahead, familiarize yourself with the 2 credit options above. Some families are willing to sacrifice a Table Service Meal on another day in order to indulge in a gourmet meal or a dinner show and that’s fantastic. However, plan carefully so you don’t find yourself paying out of pocket for meals you thought were covered.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special Christmas touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019