Yesterday was National Plan for Vacation Day and as it’s a new year, we want to share some of the top things not to miss at Disney destinations this year! Whether you are visiting a Disney theme park, taking a Disney cruise, or relaxing on the beach at Aulani, we don’t want you to miss out. Here are 22 things not to miss in 2022!
- There are so many new things to see and do this year, but don’t forget about the classics! As guests continue to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” it can be fun to revisit those opening day attractions, such as the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and “it’s a small world.”
2. Typhoon Lagoon at Walt Disney World is a must for 2022! It’s back and better than ever with fun attractions, exciting new food, and of course, the largest wave pool in North America!
3. Excitement is the name of the game in 2022, so get excited for the new Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind coming to EPCOT in Summer 2022. This family thrill-coaster will have you joining forces with the Guardians of the Galaxy to save humanity! Strap In!
4. Fantasmic! is coming back to Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This electrifying nighttime spectacular is another great reason to stay out late and see some of your favorite characters!
5. Explore your Walt Disney World Resort hotel in 2022! Join in the fun and games at the pool, check out the 50th Anniversary Celebration scavenger hunts, indulge in a unique treat, find fun souvenirs, or enjoy a movie under the stars. Whether you need a mid-day break or want to spend a day away from the parks, there’s always something special to do and see at every Disney Resorts Collection.
6. The Festival of Fantasy Parade returns to the Magic Kingdom Park in early 2022. This is a can’t miss experience that is filled with iconic characters, fantastic music and stunning floats. There are plenty of great viewing areas from Frontierland to Main Street, U.S.A. Plus, a new cavalcade is also coming in early 2022. The Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will feature the most characters of any cavalcade to date.
7. In 2022, be adventurous and try a new or new-to-you restaurant while you are on vacation. There are so many dining options at Walt Disney World Resort with seemingly endless cuisine choices. Some must try’s include the new Steakhouse 71 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and The BOATHOUSE at Disney Springs. Also be sure to check out the 50th Sips and Bites across property.
8. In 2022 it is time to take a voyage in space. Guests can sail board the Halcyon to Batuu? Now is the time to book your berth aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at the Walt Disney World Resort!
9. runDisney live racing is back with a full schedule for 2022. Enjoy Disney themed racing throughout the parks, including the new inaugural runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend. With runDisney, Every Mile is Magic as you race throughout Walt Disney World Resort property and the theme parks.
10. Shop, scan, pay and go at select Walt Disney World Resort retail locations with the merchandise mobile checkout option available in the My Disney Experience mobile app. Click “Shop in Store” to get started! And if you need a recommendation for some great shopping and dining, don’t miss a trip to Disney Springs. This is also the home of Drawn to Life by Cirque du Soleil, a must see show.
11. Check out the Enchanting Extras Collection and choose from a magical list of celebration-worthy extras like a special delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts, Magic Kingdom 50th Fireworks Dessert Parties: Disney Enchantment After-Party, or a Private Cruise to view Harmonious at EPCOT! Not mention the return of such favorites as Caring for Giants and Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour!
12. The “Hey Disney!” voice assistant is planned to make its way into Walt Disney World Resort hotels this year! “Hey, Disney” will allow Guests to explore Disney Fun, plan their day and access certain room amenities from the comfort of their resort room.
13. Get to know Disney Genie at Disneyland and Walt Disney World! This complimentary service will not only make recommendations to maximize your time based on your favorites and interests, it will also help you plan your dining to maximize your day! On the Tip Board, simply click over to the Dining tab. Disney Genie updates mobile order windows for quick service restaurants. It also gives you the option of making same day dining reservations while you’re in the parks.
14. The complimentary Play Disney Parks mobile app helps you find hidden magic in the Disneyland & Walt Disney World Resorts. With trivia, games, and many surprises to enjoy, there is always something more to experience, including activities available from home. Which side will you choose to join during “Outpost Control?” With Star Wars: Datapad you can show your loyalty to the First Order, choose to join the Resistance, or even find your own path as a scoundrel.
15. For the first time ever, the next-generation MagicBand+ wearable technology will be coming to the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort in 2022!
16. When planning a visit to the Disneyland Resort, consider extending the fun with a trip to Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai’i. It’s the perfect setting to relax after some excitement-packed days at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. A favorite spot at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa is the Olelo Room, where you can learn about Hawai’i’s rich language and culture from the kindest Cast Members.
17. 2022 is shaping up to be an entertaining year at the Disneyland Resort, thanks to the return of many favorite nighttime spectaculars, including Fantasmic!, World of Color, and Disneyland Forever.
18. Don’t miss the grand return of the Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland Park this spring as it celebrates its 50th anniversary! There is nothing more spectacular than ending your Disney day with the wonder and enchantment of this classic parade floating down Main Street, U.S.A.
19. Limited-time festivals are back in Disney California Adventure Park in 2022! Lunar New Year will run from Jan 21 – Feb 13, to celebrate and immerse us with traditions of Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures. Another fan-favorite, Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival (March 4 – April 26) returns to let you explore California regions with food, entertainment, and fun festival merchandise.
20. 2022 is going to be an amazing year at the Disneyland Resort, starting with the return of Disneyland After Dark! With themes like Sweethearts’ Nite, Villains Nite, and Star Wars Nite, there’s truly something for everyone! These after-park parties are filled with unique experiences you won’t want to miss!
21. Explore the enchantment onboard the Disney Wish as Disney Cruise Line celebrates the debut of its newest ship in the fleet this summer! Guests will be able to ride the first-ever Disney attraction at sea on the Aqua Mouse, step into beloved stories with immersive dining and entertainment offerings and be delighted by imaginative youth and adult-exclusive spaces.
22. While the Disney Wish will be turning heads for everyone starting in Summer 2022, don’t miss the opportunity to embark on amazing Disney Cruise Line vacations departing from Galveston and New Orleans on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder this Spring and Winter!
For help with booking your next Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, a Disney Earmarked agency, and my services are complimentary.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- First look at Food & Drink options coming to H2O Glow After Hours Party - May 26, 2022
- Celebrate Soulfully at Disneyland with new eats and treats - May 25, 2022
- Disney Crowd Calendars – And Why We Don’t Use Them - May 24, 2022