When the weather starts to cool down and Christmas is near, we here at Disney Addicts like a good holiday tipple. Those visiting either Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World in the weeks leading up to Christmas are in luck as there’s no better place to sip on a holiday cocktail than at Disney’s amazing theme parks and resorts. To give you just a taste of the tasty libations you find on both sides of the country, here’s our list of our Top 5 Holiday Cocktails at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland:
Walt Disney World Resort:
1. Winter Wonderland – Morimoto Asia – Disney Springs – Guests heading to Disney Springs to do some last minute Christmas shopping may want to pencil in a visit to Morimoto Asia where they are serving up this tasty holiday beverage comprised of vodka, peppermint schnapps, white chocolate liquor and topped with a mini candy cane and a red sugar rim.
2. Apple Riesling Slushy – Amorette’s Patisserie – Disney Springs – Since it can still be ridiculously hot in Orlando during the Holiday Season, those looking for a cool and refreshing holiday drink will want to head on over to Amorette’s Patisserie where they’re serving up this special slushy. The Apple Riesling that makes up this slushy is actually a very sweet wine, making it that perfect wintry accompaniment to some of the incredible cakes and pastries you’ll find here. We highly recommend pairing it with one of the holiday ornament dome cakes currently on offer.
3. Tropical Snowstorm – Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto – Disney Polynesian Village Resort – Not only is Trader Sam’s our favorite Walt Disney World watering hole but they’re also serving up and absolutely delectable Christmas Cocktail. The Tropical Snowstorm is a bourbon-based tipple which also includes coconut, cinnamon and sweet tropical syrups. The rims of the glass are also covered with toasted coconut and served with a peppermint candy cane.
4. Pecan Chicory Espresso Martini – Paddlefish- Disney Springs – Not only is Paddlefish an amazing place to grab seafood but they also serve up some of our favorite cocktails. Guests heading to this Disney Springs eatery for a meal in the lead in to Christmas should definitely consider giving the Pecan Chicory Espresso Martini a try. It’s delicious in its simplicity and combines vodka, chicory liqueur, espresso and simple syrup. Its served chilled and with coffee beans as a garnish. It will definitely put a swing in your step.
5. Hot Cocoa Flight – Fairfax Fare or Min and Bill’s Dockside Dinner – Hollywood Studios – If there’s a holiday drink (or should we say three drinks) that definitely have visitors and Disney-foodies buzzing its the trio of boozy hot cocoas being served up as part of the holiday celebrations at Hollywood Studios. For $11.00, guests will be served 3 boozy cocoa samplers including a Salted Carmel Irish Cream Hot Chocolate, Black Cherry Bourbon Hot Chocolate and a Hot Chocolate Martini.
1. Pomegranate Mule – Festive Foods Marketplace – Disney California Adventure – We here at Disney Addicts can’t get enough of o the amazing food and drink being served up at this year’s Festive Foods Marketplace as part of Disney California Adventure’s Festival of the Holidays. Chief among them is the Pomegranate Mule which you’ll find at the Holiday Duets Marketplace. This delicious drink is made up of Vodka, pomegranate syrup and a splash of ginger beer. It comes with pomegranate seeds as well as a rosemary sprig to give it that extra little depth of flavor.
2. Warm Bourbon Cider – Festive Foods Marketplace – Disney California Adventure Park – With a taste that’s butter sweet and slightly reminiscent of a Hot Toddy, Grandma’s Recipes is serving up this delicious libation which comes with comes topped with a bourbon-infused marshmallow.
3. Napa Rose S’mores Cocktail- Napa Rose – Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa – Visitors to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa should be sure to pop by Napa Rose to give this tasty seasonal cocktail a try. Made up of bourbon whisky, Licor, dark creme de cacao, mescal and coffee, it’s garnished with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. its perfect for guests with a sweet tooth.
4. Poinsetta Cocktail – Carthay Circle – Disney California Adventure Park – Those sitting down to a delectable Christmas feast at Carthay Circle will want to be sure to order up one of these elegant drinks. The Poinsetta Cocktail is made up of orange-flavored liqueur, cranberry juice, Cuvee and is garnished with an orange peel twist.
5. Sam’s Slay Ride – Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar – Disneyland Hotel – When it comes to holiday cocktails this creative libation definitely “slays” the competition. Its made up of honey whiskey liqueur, orange liqueur, ginger liqueur, fresh lemon juice, cinnamon syrup and is garnished with a mint and cherry.
So if you find yourself at either the East Coast or West Coast Mouse this Season be sure to give one of these festive tipples a try. They’re the perfect way to celebrate the season and toast the new year!
Can’t make it Disney this Holiday Season? Now is the perfect time to start planning your 2018 destination Christmas. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Have you found the information in this article helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I can keep track of important dates so that you don’t have to worry about deadlines passing you by. My concierge-level service also means that I’ll be on hand to find your perfect package, help you land hard to get dining and Fastpass reservations and can even apply discounts to your reservations (even after you’ve booked) so that you are always getting the best deals out there. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. You’d pay the same as if you were to book directly with Disney. Get in touch at 1-800-801-4025 at firstname.lastname@example.org or following along on Facebook for more details.
Image copyright Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019