Fourth of July weekend is nearly upon us and for those lucky enough to be celebrating America’s birthday with Mickey and friends, there are fantastic opportunities to get into the patriotic spirit. From fireworks to barbecues, there’s nothing quite like spending the holidays at Disney and to give you just a taste of some of the fantastic special offerings available, here’s our list of 6 Special July 4th happenings at Disney World.
1. Disney’s Celebrate America: A Fourth of July Concert – Magic Kingdom. Let’s cut right to the chase, when most people thing 4th of July at Disney World, it’s the spectacular patriotic fireworks display over Cinderella’s Castle that typically comes to mind. This year Disney’s “Happily Ever After” evening fireworks will be temporarily replaced by “Disney’s Celebrate America” on both Monday July 3rd and Tuesday July 4th. The show features a red, white and blue fireworks display set to patriotic music and will run both evenings at 9:00 pm.
For those unable to make it to Disney on America’s big day, Disney did offer a live stream of the fireworks last year. Here’s a recap to put you in the patriotic spirit.
2. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – Epcot. For those that want a bit of fireworks on July 4th but without the intense crowds, Epcot’s evening fireworks display does present a nice alternative. IllumiNations will run as normal however Disney does add on a patriotic finale to give it a bit of a 4th of July flare. The fireworks are schedule to happen at 9pm on July 4th.
3. Voices of Liberty – Epcot. There’s nothing to get you in 4th of July spirit than a rousing patriotic ballad and in this respect, the Voice of Liberty with their performances in the American Adventure Rotunda definitely delivers. With performances scheduled at 2:30 and 3:30 pm on July 4th, you won’t want to miss this amazing group of a cappella singers dressed up in costumes that harken back to the 1800’s taking you through much loved American classics. Their repertoire includes timeless songs like “American the Beautiful”, “Yankee Doodle Dandy” “This Land is Your Land” and “The Battle Hymn of the Republic.” As a special 4th of July treat, Voices of Liberty are also slated to play on the America Gardens Theatre Stage at 5:30 – 6:45.
4. American Music Machine- Epcot. For those that prefer a more contemporary musical celebration, the 5-person a capella sensation American Music Machine will take to the stage at noon, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 3:50 p.m with their lively set loaded with Top 40 favorites. The playlist includes “Dream On”, “California Dreaming”, “Teenage Dream” and “Dream a Little Dream of Me.” Are you sensing a theme? This is Epcot entertainment at its best and is the brain child of Tim Davis who’s previous credits include the hit TV series Glee.
5. Mickey’s Backyard BBQ – Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Nothing says “America” like a big old BBQ making Fort Wilderness the perfect place to dine this 4th of July. Dining at Mickey’s BBQ during this festive occasion typically means an extra special character or two will be added to the mix in honor of America’s special day. As of going to print, there are two dining times schedule on the 4th of July, at 4:30pm and 6:30pm. However, only the 6:30 show is currently showing availability. So if you’d like to treat yourself to a rootin tootin good time get in touch with Disney at 407.WDW.DINE or via My Disney Experience and make your reservation just in time for the holiday. The cost is $59 per adult and $39 per child (ages 3-9) or two table service credits for those on the dining plan.
6. Meet Mickey and Friends in Patriotic Garb – Epcot. For the perfect 4th of July photo op, be on the lookout for Mickey and Friends making the rounds near the American Pavilion in delightful colonial garb. Snapping a photo with one of the gang is the perfect way to preserve those Independence Day Disney memories.
So if you’re planning a visit to the Walt Disney World this holiday weekend be sure to celebrate America with one of the patriotic activities listed above.
For tips on surviving the 4th of July crowds check out this article.
Planning a visit to Disney World? Get a FREE quote by filling out the form below.
Looking to book for 2018? Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I will be on the lookout to make sure you are always getting the best discounts available. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. You would pay the same as if you were to book directly with Disney. Get in touch toll free at 1.800.801.4025 via email at mroden@Facebook.or follow along on
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019