Meeting characters is a great way, especially for little ones, to experience the true magic of Disney. It gives Disney lovers the chance to talk to or even dance with their favorite people and animals from the screen in real life. There are so many amazing characters to meet around the Walt Disney World Resort, but some have much shorter lines than others which makes them easier to meet. So, here is a list of the top ten characters at Disney World that are the easiest to meet!
All of these characters are easy to meet because they can be found in more than one location, and each and every one of them can be found at least one character dining experience.
- Mickey – The Mouse himself may just have the most meet and greet opportunities throughout the parks! The easiest places to meet him are the five dining locations where he appears – Chef Mickey’s, Ohana (for breakfast), Garden Grill, Tusker House, and Hollywood and Vine (dinner). Character dining is a great way to meet characters without having to stand in line and the characters come to you! You can also meet Mickey in each of the four parks. You can find him at the Adventurers Outpost at Animal Kingdom, the Character Spot at Epcot, the Sorcerer’s Workshop at Hollywood Studios, and the Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom.
- Minnie – The lovely Minnie Mouse can also be found in multiple locations! The easiest places to find her are the four character dining locations at which she appears – Chef Mickey’s, Tusker House, Hollywood and Vine (dinner), and Cape May Café (breakfast). You also meet her in each of the four parks; she can be found in the Animation Courtyard at Hollywood Studios, Adventurers Outpost at Animal Kingdom, Pete’s Silly Sideshow at Magic Kingdom, and the Character Spot at Epcot.
- Donald – Mickey’s right hand duck can be found in many locations just like the rest of the Fab Five. While he may not have a restaurant that bears his name, he does have three meals that are named after him at Tusker House – Safari Donald. You can also find him at Chef Mickey’s, Cape May Café(breakfast), and Hollywood and Vine (dinner) if you’re looking to dine with this famous duck. In the parks you can find him at Cretaceous Trail in Animal Kingdom, Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Magic Kingdom, Center Stage Courtyard in Hollywood Studios, and the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot.
- Goofy – Goofy can be found all over the resort and in a variety of outfits! You can find him at four character dining locations – Chef Mickey’s, Tusker House, Cape May Café (breakfast), and Hollywood and Vine (dinner). You can also meet him in the parks at the DinoLand U.S.A. Service Station in Animal Kingdom, Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Magic Kingdom, the Character Spot at Epcot, and the Center Stage Courtyard at Hollywood Studios.
- Daisy – You can also meet Donald’s gal in a variety of locations. Want to meet her without having to wait in line? Check out any of the three character dining locations that she hangs out at – Chef Mickey’s, Tusker House, and Hollywood and Vine (dinner). You can also find her in three of the parks – at Pete’s Silly Sideshow at Magic Kingdom, the Center Stage Courtyard at Hollywood Studios, and near World Showcase or at the entrance in Epcot.
- Cinderella – Who doesn’t want to meet the princess who has a castle in the middle of Magic Kingdom? You can meet Cinderella inside of her castle if you’re lucky enough to score a reservation to Cinderella’s Royal Table. There are also two more character dining locations, where reservations are easier to come by, that you can meet the lovely Cinderella. While the characters that appear are subject to change, we have met Cinderella at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot. She can also be found, with her stepmother, stepsisters, and prince at dinner at 1900 Park Fare. You can also meet her in the Princess Fairytale Hall in Magic Kingdom.
- Aurora – Sleeping Beauty is also easy to meet. She can be found at two character dining locations, subject to change – Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and Cinderella’s Royal Table. For a short wait time in the parks and outside of dining experience you can find here in a gazebo in the France Pavilion in Epcot!
- Pooh – This lovable bear can be found in four locations, two of which are character dining locations. All three meals at Crystal Palace are celebrations of friendship with Winnie the Pooh and his friends! You can also meet the chubby bear at 1900 Park Fare during breakfast time. If you’re looking to meet him outside of a dining setting he can be found in the UK Pavilion at Epcot and near his ride in Magic Kingdom.
- Tigger – The wonderful thing about Tigger is he’s the only one! And you can meet this fun-loving bouncy friend of Pooh in a few places around the parks. He can be found at both of the dining locations where you can find Pooh – Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare (breakfast). You can also find in also sized his honey loving friend in the UK Pavilion at Epcot and near the Winnie the Pooh adventure in Magic Kingdom.
- Mary Poppins – The practically perfect Mary Poppins can be met in three locations, one of which is a character dining location, which once again means no lines! Join Mary and friends at the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. You can also meet her in the UK Pavilion at Epcot and on occasion at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.
Who is your favorite character to meet at Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, I love meeting characters, and I would love to help you plan a magical vacation for the whole family. Contact me at email@example.com to start planning and find out what characters you can meet on your trip. Also, follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019