Everyone knows about the top rides and attractions, character meals and shows at Disney World but there are some experiences at Disney World that many guests don’t even know exist. Let’s take a look at some of the unique experiences at Disney World
- Pirate Adventure Cruise- Young buccaneers board a vessel and sail to exotic ports of call (Resort marinas) where they will discover clues that will lead them to a treasure chest. Children must be 4 to 12 years of age to join this pirate crew!
- Have a family of pirate fans then the Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage is for you! Embark on a cruise of Seven Seas Lagoon and Meet Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. Join the pirate parade as you and set sail for fun and adventure. You will also have the perfect spot for viewing Wishes Nighttime Spectacular.
- Carriage Rides- Two Disney resorts, Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Port Orleans Riverside offer two scenic views for a horse drawn carriage ride. Whether you choose a ride through the lush pine and cypress trees or traveling along the banks of the Sassagoula River, you won’t be disappointed. During the holidays, at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, the offer a Holiday Sleigh Ride experience.
- Have a fisherman in the family? Reel in the fun with a guided fishing excursion on the waterways of Walt Disney World! Choose from Guided Bass Fishing Excursions, which includes a 21-foot Tracker pontoon boat that can accommodate up to 5 Guests, and Bass Nitro Fishing, which features a tournament-style Nitro Bass boat for one or 2 people. Fishing excursions are available at many resort marinas.
- Characters in Flight- Soar 400 feet in the air over Disney Springs in the world’s largest tethered helium balloon! This hand painted balloon covered with classic Disney characters gives you breathtaking views of Disney Springs and you may even be able to spot the Epcot sphere.
- Fireworks & Dessert, sounds like an amazing duo! Disney World offers a Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. Experience an unforgettable view of the Wishes fireworks display over the Cinderella’s Castle all while you indulge in some amazing treats like chocolate dipped strawberries, character cupcakes, chocolate mousse, ice cream and more!
- Love the water and swimming with the fish, here is your chance to snorkel with over 6,000 sea creatures at The Seas with Nemo & Friends pavillon. The Epcot Seas Adventure- Aqua Tour offers a snorkeling experience for guest like no other. Are you a more experience swimmer who is SCUBA certified, then take plunge in the Dive Quest. The clear waters and absence of waves allows for amazing views of sea turtles, dolphins, sharks and more!
- Hang ten at Disney World’s Typhoon Lagoon with private surfing lessons. With a few lessons from the pros, you could be riding waves up to 6 feet tall by the end of the day.
- Swim with the Dolphins at Epcot’s Dolphins in Depth. A 3 hour experience where you can interact with dolphins, learn how they are cared for and see the training that takes place is a once in a life time experience. Guests must be 13 years or older to take part.
- Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom is a privately guided VIP tour where you will roam with wild animals. Explore the African wildlife and have close encounters with some of the most exotic creatures in their native habitat.
- Want an in-depth behind the scenes tour of the Magic Kingdom? The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is a 5 hour walking tour where you will discover the secret locations you always wondered about and get the inside scoop on some of your favorite attractions. Learn some cool facts, trivia and discover the magic of the Magic Kingdom.
- Have a campfire, roast marshmallows and sing songs with two of your favorite chipmunks, Chip and Dale! Chip ‘n’ Dales Campfire Sing-A-Long is a free event takes place nightly at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds. You can purchase smores packs or bring your own! This event is followed up by a movie under the stars.
- Interactive Games are fun for children and adults of all ages. At the Magic Kingdom, defeat the villains and save the Magic Kingdom in Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Over at Epcot, Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure has you becoming a secret agent and making your way through the World Showcase to stop evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
- In the Bamboo room at Hollywood Studios, Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant guests 14 and older can share a 4 course meal with a Disney Imagineer. At Dine with an Imagineer unique insights into Disney parks and resorts. “Enjoy unforgettable conversation with one of the creative minds that brings Disney to life.”
Photo Credit: Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019