Universal Orlando water theme park, Volcano Bay will close for refurbishment on November 2, 2020.
The closure comes as part of a seasonal maintenance during the winter months, something that is very common in theme parks with a water park. This allows them to conduct annual maintenance on several attractions at the same time.
We know this might lead to some questions about tickets and annual passes, so here are is the information you need:
- 3 Park Seasonal and Annual Passes that are valid beginning November 2 will receive 2 additional months to compensate for Volcano Bay’s closure.
- Another option is modify their pass to a 2 Park pass and be reimbursed for the Volcano Bay portion of the remainder of their pass term.
These changes can be made at Guest Services in the theme parks.
- Guests who have already purchased a single day ticket for Volcano Bay will be able to modify the date of their visit by calling (877) 801-9720 or through the official Universal Orlando Resort app. If they are unable to move their visit, they can receive a refund by calling the same number.
- Guests who have already purchased a 3-Park ticket can modify it to a 2-park ticket at Guest Services and receive a Universal Orlando gift card that covers the difference, plus 20% to use for food, merchandise, etc during their visit.
- Guests who wish to cancel their visit will receive a refund.
- Guests who’ve already booked a 3 park multi day vacation package to visit when Volcano Bay will be closed can modify their package to a 2 park package, and they will receive a Universal Orlando gift card that covers the retail price of the Volcano Bay tickets on their package, plus 20% to use for food, merchandise, etc during their visit. If you wish to cancel the vacation package you can call (877) 801-9720 to get a refund.
- Universal Orlando is waving all cancellation fees for vacation packages affected by the closure.
- If you purchased cabanas, premium seating or a Universal Express pass, you will be able to rebook for a day when Volcano Bay reopens at the same price they were originally purchased by calling (877) 801-9720. If you wish to cancel, you can receive a refund.
- Volcano Bay tickets remain on sale for guests who wish to visit the park before the seasonal closure. Tickets are also available for visits beginning March 1, 2021.
- Guests can still purchase 3 park tickets and vacation packages for future visits to the destination. However, they will no be able to access Volcano Bay during it’s seasonal closure from November 2, 2o20 through February 28, 2021.
- 3 park annual passes will not be available for purchase from October 2, 2020 through February 28, 2021 since Volcano Bay will close for the season during this time.
Volcano Bay is set to reopen no later then March 1, 2021. Keep checking back for more updates!
Credit: Universal Orlando Resort
- Newest Disney Halloween Fashion For Dogs! - October 25, 2020
- Get Ready For Halloween With These Haunted Mansion Inspired DIY Projects! - October 23, 2020
- Epcot Festival Of The Arts Is Coming Back On January 8th! - October 22, 2020