Happy Star Wars Day!!! Any day can be a Star Wars day but May the Fourth is the official day to celebrate all things Star Wars! Whether you are a Star Wars expert or still learning, there are some fun activities and ways everyone can celebrate today.
Star Wars Marathon
All 9 Star Wars episodes are now on Disney+! Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker came to Disney+ today. You can start from the beginning (Episode 1) or watch them in the order they were released. You can also watch the Star Wars anthology films on Disney+. Also new to Disney+ is Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, an eight-episode behind-the-scenes docuseries about The Mandalorian.
Star Wars Game
Make your own Star Wars game that you can play while watching the movies! This game will help you get to know the characters in the Star Wars Galaxy.
What You’ll Need:
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Printable PDF
How To Play:
- Print the “Build the Galaxy” board on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.
- As you watch the movies, find the characters on the “Build the Galaxy” board.
- Each picture has a green space and a red space. After each character is introduced, mark whether that character is good (green) or evil (red). Careful, you may have to change your mind in the next movie.
Make Your Own Lightsaber
Every Jedi needs a lightsaber and now you can make your own at home! With a little practice and a lot of heart, anyone can perfect the technique necessary to defeat the dark side.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 empty paper towel roll
- 1 fluorescent poster board, standard size (22″ x 28″)
- Glue or tape
How To Make It
- Print and cut out the hilt (handle) artwork. Wrap the artwork around an empty paper towel roll, starting with the bottom half of the hilt.
- Glue or tape the artwork to secure it to the empty paper towel roll.
- Roll a standard size fluorescent poster board so that one end is slightly wider than the other end.
- Insert the wider end of the poster board into the empty paper towel roll so that it extends from the top of the hilt. Adjust the rolled-up poster board so it fits snugly inside the hilt.
- Secure the rolled-up poster board to itself and to the hilt with clear tape.
Star Wars Popcorn
If you do have a Star Wars movie marathon or watch any of your favorite Star Wars shows, be sure to have some popcorn inspired by our favorite droids!
What You’ll Need:
- Black candy-coated chocolates
- Blue candy-coated chocolates
- White candy-coated chocolates
- Orange candy-coated chocolates
- Grey candy-coated chocolates
How to Make it:
- Heat popcorn until fully popped. Let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Sort candy-colored chocolates into two bowls. Place black, blue, and white chocolates in one bowl, and orange, white, and grey chocolates in another bowl.
- Add popcorn to each bowl.
- Create individual servings by scooping popcorn into paper cups.
- Enjoy your movie night!
Star Wars Fashion Show
Who says you have to wait until Halloween to dress up in costumes? Raid your closet today and dress up as your favorite Star Wars character! Get your family involved and see what everyone comes up with.
Star Wars Coloring Pages
Coloring is not just for kids! I love to color with my kids and also when I need an outlet. There are some great Star Wars coloring pages available here. To add some fun, you can have a coloring contest with your family!
Learn to Draw Baby Yoda
Baby Yoda (The Child) is the most popular Star Wars character right now. He’s just the cutest little thing and he makes the best memes! As part of your Star Wars Day celebration, you can learn to draw this adorable character. You’ll find the tutorial here.
Listen to Star Wars Stories
Multiple Star Wars actors have released videos of themselves reading Star Wars stories. You can listen to Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey, or Anthony Daniels, the voice of C3PO, bring Star Wars books to your storytime.
How will you be celebrating Star Wars Day? However you choose to celebrate, may the Force be with you!