What Are the Top 5 Freebies at Walt Disney World?
You might be thinking “Free at Disney World… yeah right!”, but I assure you the list is bigger than you think. I could easily write about the top 5 freebies at each of the Disney theme parks, but for now, we will stick with Walt Disney World in general.
- Pictures – Yes, it is true that if you want to take advantage of Memory Maker (which I highly recommend) then you do have to purchase it, but you can still enjoy great pictures of your family in the park for free. The Disney photographers that you find all around the parks and by all the characters, will not only take your picture for Memory Maker and you to purchase, but they will also use your phone or camera to take your picture for FREE. This is a great way to get family photos of the ENTIRE family while enjoying vacation.
- Water – Disney supplies water for free, you just have to know where to go. Of course there are drinking fountains throughout the parks that are great to use if you bring your own water bottle, but the Quick Service restaurants will also give you free ice water, or a free cup of hot water. **Or, if water isn’t your thing and you happen to be at Epcot you can check out Club Cool to taste the flavors of Coke around the world.
- Transportation – Disney offers loads of choices for free transportation. If you are staying at a Disney resort you get free transportation to and from the Orlando International Airport on the Magical Express. You can take free buses from resorts to the theme parks, or the newly remodeled Disney Springs. You can ride the monorail from select Disney resorts to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. And, my personal favorite… the boats. Select Disney resorts allow you to ride a boat from your resort to Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios or Epcot. One of the things that my husband and I love most about staying at a Disney Resort is parking our car when we arrive and not seeing it again until the end of our trip.
- Celebration Buttons – Are you celebrating your birthday? Anniversary? Just Married? Newly Engaged? Your first visit? Family Reunion? Ask for a button at your hotel check in desk or guest relations at the parks. Find a reason, wear your button, and enjoy as the Disney cast members celebrate along with you.
- Fast Pass+ – This is one of the freebies that I have found a lot of people planning a trip to Disney either don’t understand, or think you have to pay to take advantage of. A Fast Pass allows you to skip the standby line on select rides at all 4 of the Disney theme parks. You might still end up with a short wait, but you bypass the long list of others waiting to ride.
While I am not including it on the official Top 5 list, Disney never runs short on magic! I’ll do my best to describe this, but for those that love Disney World, you know some things you just feel. On our Disney World vacations we get tons of free items that just add to the magic of our trip. At Port Orleans French Quarter my daughters have gotten free beaded necklaces, balloon animals, and tokens to make a wish with in the fountain. Magic at Disney is a little different for each person, it might be seeing Cinderella’s castle, watching your favorite character walk by, dancing with characters during the Street Party, watching the fireworks burst over the top of the castle, or listening to the Dapper Dans on Mainstreet.
A Disney vacation can be more expensive than a “typical” vacation, but if you take advantage of the free things they offer and appreciate the magic and incredible customer service and fun that you experience along the way, I truly believe, that you will find the money you do spend more than worth it!
Did I leave your favorite Disney freebie off the list? Share it in the comments below.
Do you want to take advantage of these Disney Freebies and more? Take advantage of my free vacation planning services and contact me at email@example.com.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019