For most people, the big draw of attending one of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties is trick or treating your way through the parks, lining up to meet the characters and checking out the specially themed parades, stage shows and fireworks displays. However, if you’re anything like my family, this is also a crucial time for to hop in line for some of your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions. Not only do you get to enjoy these rides without FastPasses and with minimal wait times but you also get to experience their magical nighttime transformations.
On party nights you’ll find a handful of Disney’s most iconic attractions open throughout the evening for your enjoyment. Here are the attractions that will be remaining open during this year’s bash:
Main Street U.S.A
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – Card collectors can add a bit of Halloween fun to your decks with special Not-So-Scary Halloween Party cards that you’ll only get on party night. Be sure to stop by the Fire Station to get started!
- Town Square Theatre – Here you’ll find the dressing room of none other than Mickey Mouse who may just stop by to say “Hello!” in his Halloween finery!
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse – This nighttime climb is perfect for those looking to burn a few calories from those Halloween snacks and capture some scenic nighttime photos.
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin – After meeting Aladdin and the gang, pop over for a quick magic carpet ride. This attraction takes on a whole new life a night!
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Some spooky special touches have been added to this ghostly swashbuckling adventure. Ride at your own risk!
- Splash Mountain – There’s nothing quite like taking the plunge under the cover of darkness!
- Big Thunder Mountain Railway – This is a fantastic way to enjoy one of Magic Kingdom’s most iconic mountains. No lines and with dusk casting an eerie glow!
- Haunted Mansion – A ghost or two have been known to take up residence on the front lawn of the Mansion during party night. Go and check it out yourself- if you dare!
- “it’s a small world” – You can practically walk onto this ride on party nights making it the perfect way to kick back and relax.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Without the 90 minute wait times!? Yes, Please!
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – A must ride for those looking for those perfect “in-costume” photo ops!
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid – See one of Disney’s most formidable baddies Ursula on this ride!
- The Barnstormer – Not only is it nice to ride this fun family coaster without the lines but we’ve heard some exciting characters are greeting guests from Storybook Circus making it worth a visit.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – This is another attraction that feels like a completely different ride when it’s all light up at night.
- Mad Tea Party – Some spooktacular elements have been added to this classic attraction giving your teacup a ghostly hue.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh- Because let’s be honest, Heffalumps and Woozles are scary!
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Catch a glimpse of the Evil Queen and see Fantasyland all lit up on this family coaster
- Princess Fairytale Hall – Cinderella and her princess friends will be out to greet party guests from this regal location.
- Tomorrowland Speedway – The twists and turns are even more exciting as you zip through a darkened race course!
- Space Mountain – Before you soar off into space, be forewarned, there are some extra frights added in this Halloween Season.
- Astro Orbiter – Soar high above a lit up Magic Kingdom
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover – The perfect attraction for resting those weary feet while you meander through a glowing Tomorrowland
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – The perfect place for a bit of competitive fun.
So if you are ride obsessed like my family, be sure to set aside some time during your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party visit to enjoy some of these much-loved attractions without the long waits and the afternoon heat!
Thinking about a Halloween visit to Disney World? There are still wonderful packages on offer! Read below to find out how to get your FREE quote.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Mickeys’ Not-So-Scary Halloween Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019