The Dine and Play program is in our minds is one of Disney Cruise Line’s best keep secrets and we are excited to share with you a few details that just might revolutionize the way you spend your evenings during your voyage at Sea!
When you set sail on a Disney cruise, one of the most important times you’ll share as a family are those moments when you head to your restaurant for the evening to enjoy a lovely family meal. However, let’s be realistic if you’ve got tiny tots in your family, meal times can always be a flurry of activities with mess making, speed eating and chants of “I’m bored” before mom has even had time to tuck in to her appetizer. However, Disney Cruise Line has come up with a pretty clever solution for parents looking to relax, unwind and savor their dinner while the kids enjoy a fun-filled evening!
Here’s how it works:
- Dine and Play is included in the cost of your cruise package and is offered exclusively to families with children during the 8pm seating.
- During your seating for dinner, speak to your server and let them know you’d like to take part in the “Dine and Play” program.
- The servers will bring out the main meal for the children while parents take their time on the appetizers.
- As soon as the little ones have finished their meal, one of Disney Cruise Line’s youth activity counsellors will arrive at your table.
- Your child will be escorted to Disney’s Oceaneer Club or Oceaneer Lab for an evening filled with fun and adventure.
- Parents are then free to enjoy your meals at a relaxing pace.
- You may then opt to grab an after-dinner cocktail, enjoy a bit of dancing or evening take in a movie.
- Report directly to the Oceaneer’s Club to pick up your child by 1am!
Okay parents, how awesome is that!? The Dine and Play program is available on all four of the ships in Disney’s fleet and is available for kids between the ages of 3-12.
How do I sign up for Dine and Play? There’s no pre-registration for Dine and Play, simply alert your server during dinner and they will take care of all the rest!
For more information on Disney Cruise Line’s evening meals check out our article on Rotational Dining.
This is just one of the many fantastic parent-friendly perks you’ll find when sailing with Disney Cruise Line. With packages available through until the end of 2019. Now is the perfect time to start planning your getaway at Sea. Read below to find out how to get your FREE quote!
Are you thinking about a Disney Cruise? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you with everything from finding your perfect stateroom to organizing travel, airport transfers and sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook! With itineraries released through May of 2018- your perfect cruise is out there!
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019