You have booked your Disney Cruise and now the question is – what should pack for your 7-night tropical Disney Cruise? You will want to be prepared for all of the fun that you have in store! A 7-night Caribbean cruise is one of the most popular summer vacation options. There is truly something for everyone onboard! In addition to all of the fun, many of these cruise itineraries include tropical destinations such as Nassau, Jamaica, Mexico, and of course, Castaway Cay. Packing for a 7-night cruise can be a little tricky but luckily, there is a list of must-haves to help you prepare. Check out these packing tips to be sure that you are ready for all of the fun sailing your way!
Fun on the Ship During the Day
There is so much to do for everyone on a Disney Cruise. From family pools to spas and kids’ clubs, there are so many activities for the whole family! These are the must-haves for during the day:
- Swimsuit & Cover-up: I suggest bringing two different options so that you can do all the water activities from the pool, to the AquaDuck and more!
- Shorts, shirts, tank tops and sundresses: There are many activities outdoors and you will likely be in warm, tropical weather so plan accordingly.
- Athletic wear and tennis shoes: Whether you want to break a sweat in the fitness center or shoot some hoops on Goofy’s Sports Deck, there are many ways to get your exercise in. Don’t forget to check out the amazing ocean view on the treadmill!
In the Evening: Entertainment, Dining, and Parties
There can be a different experience every night on a Disney Cruise. Come prepared for the different dining experiences, Broadway-style shows, and energetic deck parties.
- “Cruise Casual” dinner attire: In the dining rooms, plan to dress “cruise casual” which is defined as no swimsuits or tank tops.
- Dressy Dining Outfits: There are semi-formal and formal nights so make sure you pack accordingly so you can take advantage of the photography services that are offered. If you plan to dine at Palo or Remy, you will want to dress in your best for these adult-only dining experiences. For men, you will need collared shirts and pants while women will need dresses, skirts or pants with a blouse.
- Pirate Best: During “Pirate Night”, you can transform into your own version of a pirate! Whether you choose a pirate t-shirt or a full costume with an eye patch and a stuffed parrot, the Caribbean is the place to be to show off your best pirate style!
- Light Sweater: During the evening and inside the theaters or dining rooms, the temperatures can get a little cooler. Be sure to pack a sweater or light jacket just in case.
Whether you are soaking up the sun on the beach, zip lining, or even swimming with dolphins, there are many adventures to choose from when you visit the different ports on your cruise itinerary. When you stop at Castaway Cay, all of the necessities are included such as lunch buffet, beach chairs, towels, hammocks, and more. However, it is good to have a small bag just in case, as you explore the rest of the cruise destinations.
- Backpack or collapsible tote bag: You will want to have something to carry any personal items around with you and to hold any souvenirs that you may get in port. Plastic zip-top bags are also a good idea to make sure items such as your phone are kept dry while you are ashore.
- Lightweight pants, leggings, or capris: Depending on the shore excursions you choose, you may be more comfortable in pants. For example, this is a good idea if you choose hiking, zip lining, or climbing.
- GoPro or underwater camera: With so much to see all around you, including under the water, you will definitely want to capture all of the sights and special moments. Don’t forget to look for the hidden Mickeys at Castaway Cay!
- Appropriate shoes: Make sure that you have comfortable shoes so that your feet are prepared for the many different activities – walking during sightseeing, hiking or exploring the beach.
Just for Fun!
While the following items are not necessities, there are some other fun ways to add to your Disney Cruise experience.
- Door magnets for your stateroom: There are many unique decorations to add to your stateroom door. Whether you purchase them onboard or bring your own, it’s a great way to add a little more personalized fun to your cruise experience!
- Pajamas: Who says pajamas are just for sleeping? Make sure that the kids have at least one pair that they are comfortable walking around and dancing in! They will not want to miss the pajama parties at the kids’ clubs.
- Autograph books: Make sure when you encounter all of your favorite Disney characters that you can also grab their autographs!
Ready to set sail on your own tropical Disney cruise? Let’s get started planning your next vacation! As an agent with Key to the World Travel, the official travel partner of Disney Addicts and Chip and Co., I can help you plan your trip to any Disney Destination and beyond! Contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the quote request form below. Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too for all the latest news and planning tips.
Photo Source: Disney
Latest posts by Kelly Greer (see all)
- The Best Quick Service Locations at Walt Disney World - May 18, 2019
- 9 Great Reasons to Visit Walt Disney World This Fall - May 12, 2019
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Skip Disney’s Animal Kingdom - May 12, 2019