I’m one of those people that takes what other people think are way too many pictures while on vacation, especially at Disney. I believe that there is no such thing as too many pictures, and I love to look back at ones from past trips when I am missing Disney and to get excited for upcoming trips. Here are some awesome places to take family or even individual photos around the four parks at Disney World.
Resorts – With the unique themes that all of the on property resorts offer there are so many amazing photo opportunities before you even set foot inside a theme park. Take photos in your resort lobby, in unique outside nature settings, or with larger than life icons!
All Parks – Take individual photos of each member of your family or group in front of favorite rides in each park.
Now onto each park and some amazing places for family photos.
- Train Station – The area in front of the train station, before you even cross under it and into the Magic Kingdom, is a popular area for family photos and it’s easy to see why.
- Tiki Statues – These statues can be found across from The Magic Carpets of Aladdin and in front of Jungle Cruise. They make for a great photo, but be careful – you may get wet!
- Liberty Bell – Located in Liberty Square this Liberty Bell is much easier to get a photo with than the real one in Philadelphia.
- Stocks – Step up to the stocks in Liberty Square to take a fun photo with these old time forms of punishment.
- Rapunzel’s Tower – Just inside Fantasyland the Tangled bathrooms area is beautifully themed and provides great photo opportunities. Be sure to take one with Rapunzel’s tower!
- Sword in the Stone – Make a stop in front of the Carousel to try to remove the sword from the stone.
- Gaston’s Fountain – The Fountain in front of Gaston’s Tavern is a fun place to get a family photo and the large chair inside the tavern is a great place to take individual photos, especially if you’re like me an are not a beast sized person.
- Rose Garden – As you make your way towards the main Hub from Tomorrowland the Rose Garden is located on your right after you cross the bridge. A beautiful place for a beautiful family photo.
- Land Signs – As you enter into each land you will encounter a sign that is themed in the same way that the land is. Each sign offers a new unique photo opportunity.
- Cinderella Castle – Of course no trip to Disney World would be complete without a family photo in front of the Castle.
- Extra – If you’re in Magic Kingdom around the winter holidays be sure to get a photo with the magnificent Christmas tree!
- Spaceship Earth – As you enter Epcot be sure to take a photo with Spaceship Earth. The front and the back both offer great photo locations.
- Fountain – The fountain is one of my favorite things in the entire park, watching it dance every hour is amazing! Be sure take your photo when the fountain is dancing.
- Nemo Statue – In front of the Seas with Nemo Pavilion there is an amazing statue of the character from Fining Nemo. Be sure to take a family photo with the statue and head inside to take individual or small group photos inside Bruce’s mouth!
- Waterfall in Canada – Make your way up the stairs, to the back of the Canada Pavilion, and to the beautiful water wall. Truly a great place for a family photo.
- Phone booths in the UK – Just inside the UK Pavilion there are three phone booths that present a unique photo opportunity.
- Eiffel Tower – Be sure to take a photo with the towering French icon. This can be done from the bridge over the “English Channel” or from actually inside the France Pavilion.
- Fountain in Morocco – The entire Morocco Pavilion is stunning, so be sure to take the time to check it all out after you take a photo with the intricately tiled fountain that is located in the square in Morocco.
- Pagoda in Japan – Take some time to watch the amazing drummers and then take a photo with this stunning Japanese building.
- American Adventure – Be sure to take a photo in front of the stunning American Adventure building!
- Poseidon Statue Italy – Three quarters of the way back in the Italy Pavilion there is a gorgeous statue of Poseidon that provides a great photo opp.
- Biergarten in Germany – If you’re dining at the amazingly themed Biergarten buffet in the Germany Pavilion take advantage of the short wait time before you’re seated to take a photo with the incredibly mural of Bavaria under the overhang.
- Temple in China – The Temple of Heaven located in the China Pavilion provides a stunning backdrop for a family photo!
- Stave Church in Norway – The Stave Church Gallery in the Norway Pavilion is amazing, and makes me, at least, think about Vikings. So dig deep, and find your Viking spirit and pose for a great photo.
- Pyramid in Mexico – The Pyramid in the Mexico Pavilion, in which most of what there is to see and do in the pavilion is located, is a great place to stop, take a break from your long journey around the world, maybe have a drink, and then take a victory photo!
- Extra – If you’re at Disney World during the Food and Wine or Flower and Garden Festivals be sure to take a photo with the Festival sign, your favorite booths, and topiaries!
- Topiary – Before you enter the park make your way to the amazing topiary for a family photo.
- Chinese Theater – The Chinese Theater that houses The Great Movie Ride is now the centerpiece of the park and it also makes for a great place to take a photo.
- Gertie – Located on the edge of Echo Lake closest to the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is Gertie the dinosaur. Grab a photo and then an ice cream!
- AT-AT – If you’re a Star Wars fan be sure to get a photo with the gigantic AT-AT located outside of the epic Star Tours attraction.
- Car Outside Sci-Fi Dine-In – One of the coolest parts of eating at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Hollywood Studios is that you get to eat in a car! Getting a good picture of your food or yourself while you’re inside, though, is a bit of a challenge. So, if you want to take a family photo in a classic car there is car located right outside the restaurant that provides a great photo opp. Even if you’re not dining, sit on down and take a family drive-in photo.
- Streets of America Sets – On the Streets of America you can have New York City or San Francisco be the back drop of you family photo!
- Singing in the Rain Umbrella – Located across from the Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show, this umbrella offers a whimsical photo opp.
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids – Shrink down and take amazing photos with larger than life toys and bugs!
- Coke Bottles – Keep with the theme of photos with larger than life items and take one with the towering six pack of cola.
- Tower of Terror – Stroll down Sunset Boulevard and take a photo with the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
- Rock n Roller Coaster – The towering guitar outside of Rock n Roller Coaster really set the stage for an awesome family photo.
- Tree of Life – The Tree of Life is truly iconic and no trip to Animal Kingdom would be complete without a family photo in front of it!
- Rafiki Statue – Take the Train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and as you make your way towards the main attraction you’ll find a statue of the loveable baboon from The Lion King. Be sure to say, “Asante Sana” Rafiki after the photo, that’s Swahili for thank you.
- Planet Watch Mural – Once you make it to Conservation Station be sure to take a photo with the stunning mural that is located just inside the building.
- Expedition Everest – Even if you’re not brave enough to journey into the mountain be sure to pose for a photo in the village at the base.
- Dinosaurs – In DinoLand U.S.A. there a multiple dinosaurs that will be happy to pose for a photo!
There are so many amazing places to take family and individual photos around the parks and resorts – they make for great memories and keepsakes!
Where is your favorite place to take a family photo at Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, and I love to take photos around the Disney parks! I would be happy to answer any Disney Parks and photos questions you may have, to help you find the best places for you to take photos, and to help you plan and book your next magical vacation! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning and follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019