For a runner, there is nothing as exhilarating and freeing as the outdoors. Walking, jogging, sprinting, it doesn’t matter, just the feeling you get when you meet your goal is amazing, right? Getting a better time, making it farther than you thought. It’s… Magical. So take that, add Disney, and Viola! You have a match made in Heaven! If that’s not enough convincing, here are some more reasons!
- Something for Everyone- All kinds of races, all seasons at all different times! No matter what the excuse is, there is probably a solution. Don’t want to run far? Try the 5k! Don’t want to run in the heat of the summer? runDisney has races throughout the year, coast to coast. Morning person, night person- we have you covered! Children to adults there is a race for every member of your family! Between the Diaper Dash, Kid Races, Mickey’s Jingle Jungle 5k to the Wine & Dine Half Marathon itself. Cheering sections for those just there to support, After parties, the list goes on!
- Vacation, Staycation, make it a Racecation- You’re running at Disney. You don’t have to arrive, run and go home! Make the best of it! We already know there is something for everyone.. so bring friends and family along and make it a Racecation! Arrive a few days earlier or stay a few days later. There is always something going on at the World, while you’re there- enjoy it! Keep in mind, the upcoming registration for the Wine & Dine also falls on the Food & Wine Festival. Take advantage of that!
- Entertainment- Did you expect anything less than the endless amount of entertainment only Disney can provide? You are surrounded by your fellow Disney Addicts, running through Disney (Or around DL) in a themed event, wearing costumes, seeing the talent and craftiness of other runners, and of course… Characters!
- Extras- So on top of being at Disney you get so much more than just running through the parks under the stars or with the sun rising (Which is pretty much a done deal already) You get so many goodies! You can attend the Expos, meet incredible people, get some awesome gear, and of course a Medal… what Prince or Princess doesn’t like Bling. Keep in mind for every event you participate in (Even the kiddies) you get something different.
- Accomplishment- No better feeling as gratifying as running past the finish line. Knowing all your hard work and training paid off. That costume you worked so hard on made it to the end. As you sit there collecting your breath and thoughts.. you are surrounded by Disney. COME ON, How cool? You did it! Now you can go ride rides, enjoy events such as the Food & Wine Festival and have fun! You deserve it!
So now that you realized you should totally do runDisney events and wondering why haven’t I done this before, here are some tips to keep in mind for your first adventure..
Next Registration for a runDisney event is Wine & Dine Marathon on March 17th. Sign up quick. Registration can fill up fast, so the sooner the better. *All runners must attend the Expo for race number, shirt & gEAR bag pick up
- Come prepared for weather. If you need a jacket while in the corral or the start, wear something you don’t mind tossing. Any clothing tossed during the race will be donated to charity.
- Pace. You must maintain a pace of 16 mins per mile. Tip. Train for a shorter time. Set a goal of at least 14 minutes per mile. You have to make time for photo ops, Characters, family meet ups and bathroom breaks (Go for a potty in a theme park, port-a-pottys can be not-so-magical) The “Balloon Ladies” Will be bringing up the rear at the pace time.. so if they catch ya (not in a mean or scary way) you will be Swept and a bus will come take you to the finish. They have to keep things moving and be able to open us the course as soon as possible. Just train harder next time.
- There will be Medical Tents set up. If you need them, Use them! If you use Energy Gel Tablets, you may want to bring your own. By the time you get there, they might be gone, or not have ones you like. Also Vaseline to prevent Chafing! They will have some, but hey, never hurt to be prepared.
- WDW Marathon Weekend all Resorts are considered “Host Resorts” which means they all provide bus services to Expo and Race Events. This is the ONLY Event they do that. Other events all Resorts are NOT Host Resorts. Watch out for that.
Don’t forget to join YMBADA on Facebook #YMBADA Race Team and click here.! We will all be in the same resorts, have meet ups and hang out with fellow Disney Addicts! Plus If you book with my friends and I at World of Magic Travel, you will get a Discounted Group Rate at a Resort that will have all the transportation you need for the runDisney event. We will also be there to help answer any questions and help plan your Racecation!
You Paid. You Trained. You Earned it! Hope to see you out there!!
To Ensure you get the Discounted Group Rate at a rundisney Resort, and to make the most of your Racecation, contact me! My name Is Jamie and not only am I an Independent Travel Agent with World of Magic Travel, I’m a Disney Addict myself! I’m also a writer for Chip & Co. Feel free to contact me at Jamieporter@worldofmagictravel.com or follow me here on Facebook!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019