We are only mid-way through July and already it has been an epic Summer for Disney foodies! It seems like new treats are being released almost every week. To give you a taste of some of the amazing new and seasonal offerings you’ll find at the theme parks, resorts and Disney Springs, we thought we’d highlight some of our sweet treat favorites. If you’re heading to Walt Disney World this Summer, keep this list handy and give at one or two of these a try!
1. The Ultimate Disney S’more – The Ganachery- Disney Springs – This delicious treat is made up of homemade graham crackers with cinnamon, spread with a salted caramel ganache and then sprinkled with sea salt. Added to the center is a luscious vanilla bean marshmallow torched to a golden brown. Topping off this treat is a blend of chocolate known at The Ganachery as the “Dark 65” and made from beans from the Dominican Republic. All of these impressive elements combine to form a sophisticated version of this much-loved childhood treat. These are only expected to be around for the Summer so pick yours up while you can! This treat will set up back $8.00.
2. Macaron Cupcake – Contempo Cafe – Contemporary Resort – Cupcake lovers will definitely want to head over to Disney’s Contemporary Resort to check out the amazing assortment of cupcakes on offer. One of our favorite Summer favorites has to be the new Macaron cupcakes currently on offer. They are made up of a vanilla berry cupcake, blueberry filling, raspberry vanilla icing, crispy pearls. and topped with a macaron which comes in an array of delicious flavors. You can sample one for yourself for $4.99.
3. Peter Pan Float – Storybook Treats – Magic Kingdom – There’s a new frozen drink in town! Next time you in Fantasyland enjoying a ride on Peter Pan’s Flight be sure to pop on over to Storybook treats and indulge in a Peter Pan Float. This refreshing drink is made of up key lime ice cream, sprite and garnished with a chocolate feather. You can cool off with one of these for $5.49.
4. Minnie-Corn Cupcakes – Boardwalk Bakery – This whimsical snack combines three of our favorite things: cupcakes, Minnie Mouse and unicorns. The cupcake is comprised of lemon cake with raspberry filling. It’s topped with whipped frosting, and a unicorn horn and ears made with white chocolate and pink edible glitter. We think its well work the $5.99 or one snack credit!
5. Creme Brulee Ice Cream – Disney Springs – When most people think about Sprinkles at Disney Springs, it’s cupcakes that come to mind. But, did you know they actually serve up an incredible array of ice cream treats. As a matter of fact, one of our favorite Summer flavors has made a return. The Creme Brulee ice cream is back! This special custard ice cream is sprinkled with vanilla flacks and loaded with pieces of torched sugar for a delicious treat with a bit of crunch.
6. Baton Rouge Beignets – Scat Cat’s Club – Disney Port Orleans- French Quater – We’ve got the perfect “Adults Only” sweet treat in the form of these boozy beignets currently being served up at Scat Cat’s Club. You still get the same delicious fried donuts but this version is available with three different liqueurs adding an extra depth of flavor. Guests can choose between Bailey’s, Rumchatta or Kahlua. Best of all, to avoid your beignets getting soggy, the alcohol for each comes in a tube that you inject write into the beignet! This treat comes doused in powdered and will set you back $8.00 for an order of 3.
7. Banana Split Cupcakes – Everything Pop- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Nothing says Summer quite like these festival cupcakes being served up at the food court at Pop Century. Conjuring up the taste of a banana split, these cupcakes are made up of funfetti cake filled with banana cream. It is then topped with a heaping portion of frosting, sprinkles, chocolate, whipped cream and cherries! Try one during your next visit for $5.49.
8. Layer Cakes – Sprinkles- Disney Springs – Sprinkles makes a second appearance on our list for the announcement that they have started making delicious layer cakes at their Disney Springs location. These beautiful creations are available in a variety of different flavors (similar to the cupcake flavors on offer) and will come in a 6″4 layer cake and a 8″ 3 layer cake. We think these treats are perfect for guests celebrating a birthday or other special occasion while at Walt Disney World! For more information visit the Sprinkles website.
9. Fruit Loop Donut – Sunshine Tree Terrace – Magic Kingdom – If you’re a fan children’s breakfast cereal, be sure to stop by Sunshine Tree Terrace in Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland for this fun and flavorful Summer offering. This snack is made up of a donut topped with orange or orange swirl, soft serve ice cream and covered in fruit loop cereal. It is drizzled in strawberry sauce and served up for $6.49.
10. Vanilla Ice Cream Churro Sandwich – Head over to Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in Liberty Square to try this tasty combination of two of our favorite Disney snacks, ice cream and churros! The ice cream sandwich is made up of two delicious cinnamon-flavoured churros with a big heaping portion of ice cream in the center. The cost is $6.49 or 1 snack credit. You get a hefty portion so grab a couple of spoons and share with your friends or family!
These are just a handful of the delicious goodies that await visitors to Walt Disney World this Summer. Keep following along with Disney Addicts and with our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Walt Disney World treats!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019