Will you be paying a visit to Walt Disney World during Mother’s Day (May 13th)? Then Disney World provides a wide range of magical ways to show your Disney-loving mom just how much she means to you. So for those searching for the perfect Mother’s Day treat, here are 10 suggestions on ways to say “Thanks Mom!”
1. Spoil Mom with a Spa Treatment – Provide mom with an opportunity to take some time out from those busy theme park days to enjoy a bit of pampering at Senses – A Disney Spa. There are two convenient locations: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort. With an enviable range of options from massages, body treatments, facials, manicures and pedicures; there’s something that’s bound to appeal to any mom! For a special Disney-themed surprise, why not treat her to a Disney-themed manicure that will transform her nails into Disney-inspired works of art. Availability at both of these amazing locations can fill up quickly so call today to make your booking at 407.WDW.SPA. A complete range of prices can also be found online for both Senses at The Grand Floridian and Sense at Saratoga Springs.
2. Be Creative with a Cake Decorating Class – Next time you’re at Walt Disney World, allow mom to indulge her creativity (and her sweet tooth) by pre-arranging a cake decorating class at Amorette’s Patisserie located next to the World of Disney Store in Disney Springs. Amorette’s has garnered a huge following due to their delectable Mickey Mouse dome cakes (pictured) and now its mom’s chance to get in on the fun and create one of her own. During these 90-minute classes, guests will be led by expert pastry chefs who will take them through every step of the process in bringing one of these Disney-themed edible works of art to life. Reservations for this experience are now available to book about 6 months out and can be hard to come by. You can reserve your spot at DisneyWorld.com/dining.
3.Treat Mom to A Mother’s Day Brunch – If they way to your mom’s heart is through her tummy, then treat her to an exclusive DVC Member Mother’s Day Brunch at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This year’s brunch held on May 13, 2018, will have an Alice In Wonderland theme. Here guests will be able to take pictures with some of your favorite Alice In Wonderland Characters and soak in the “slightly mad” yet delightfully whimsical. The event will be held at the Fantasmic Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and from 11:oo am -1:00pm. The cost to attend is $57.95 per adult and $32.95 per child. Reservations are essential and member booking opens up on Monday, May 6, 2018. DVC idea is required for admission and guests are required to pay in full at the time of booking. Reservations can be made by calling DVC Member Services at 1.800.800.9800.
4. How about Dinner and A Show? – For something exotic, treat mom to a Rivers of Light Dining Package over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This special dining offer includes a delicious meal at either Tiffins or Tusker House where mom can enjoy an eclectic range of World Cuisine before enjoying special reserved seating for Animal Kingdoms dazzling nighttime spectacular. River of Light features amazing light displays, special effects, water projections and live theater in mesmerizing celebration of the connection between humans and animals. Advanced booking for the Rivers of Light Dining package is essential and can be made via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE. The dining experience will set those on the dining plan back two dining credits.
5. Treat mom to a tour. – Disney World offers an impressive array of tours that add an extra element of fun to your Disney days. Whether you’re going scuba-diving in the massive aquarium at Epcot’s The Seas Pavilion, learning some behind-the-scenes secrets during the Keys to the Kingdom tour our dangling above a hippopotamus enclosure on the Wild African Trek, there’s something that all moms will love. One of our favorite tours has to the be the Savor the Savanna Evening Safari Experience. This unique offering gives guests the opportunity to hop aboard a private safari vehicle and enjoy an expedition through the Wildlife Reserve. You’ll stop at an exclusive viewing area where you get to sample regional beers, wines and African-inspired tapas while watching the beautiful sunset. Anyone age 8 and above is free to take part. For more information on the many tours on offer contact your Travel Agent or Disney directly at 407.WDW.TOUR.
6. For Moms With a Green Thumb – Speaking of tours, if gardening is a favorite past-time for your mom then you may want to treat her to one of two exciting tours now available as part of Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival which is running at Epcot until May 28, 2018. The English Tea Garden Tour, which is presented by Twinings of London takes place in the homey English Tea Garden found at the World Showcase’s UK Pavilion. Here guests will learn about the importance of tea on British Culture, the different varieties of teas and how they are grown. Or for those looking for some behind-the-scenes Festival magic, there is also the Gardens of the World Tour where guests will join Disney’s amazing horticulture experts to learn about all of the steps that go into preparing the impressive flora and fauna displays found at the Festival including the delightful themed topiaries. Tours can be booked at 407.WDW.TOUR.
7. For Mothers with a Sense of Adventure – If you have the sort of mom that prefers to get-up-and-go then Disney has a wide range of fantastic options. Why not head on over to the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground’s Tri-Circle D Ranch and saddle up with a Trail Ride? There are also carriage rides that can be booked in advance and mom will also be able to see the amazing horses that pull Cinderella’s carriage. There’s also the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure where mom can climb aboard a Segway on a journey through the campground’s beautiful Cyprus forests. For those looking for something more adrenaline-fueled, Mom can indulge in a parasailing excursion at Sammy Duvall’s WaterSports Center which departs from Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Many Walt Disney World resorts also offer bike rentals so hop on and take a pedal around your magnificent resort! Reservations for the trail rides and parasailing can be made by calling 407.WDW.PLAY. Bicycle rentals can be arranged on the day at your Walt Disney World resort of choice.
8.Give Her a Fireworks Experience She’ll Never Forget- The cherry on top of the perfect Disney-day has to be the incredible Happily Ever After fireworks display which takes place nightly at the Magic Kingdom. Disney has the perfect way to enjoy this spectacle via the Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Trust us when we say that it will leave your mom feeling like a VIP! This dessert party offers a delicious array of goodies including character-themed cupcakes, ice cream, chocolate mousse, and chocolate dipped strawberries. Guests can also choose from a range of hot and cold beverages like sparkling cider, hot chocolate, teas, coffees and lemonades. Guests will also get to enjoy the views of Cinderella’s Castle from your own private table at Tomorrowland Terrace. The cost to attend the party is $79 per adult and $47 per child (ages 3-9). Guests visiting during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party should note that special seasonal versions of this party exist featuring specially themed treats and views of the party fireworks. Reservations can be made online or at 407.WDW.DINE.
9. For the Mom that Loves to Shop – If your mom loves to bring her Disney memories home with her, then why not head on over to Disney Ever After Jewelery Co. Recently opened in the Town Square area of Disney Springs, this boutique carries a wide selection of jewelery, handbags, and even stylish mouse ears. Be sure to check the schedule as a highlight of visiting the shop is an enviable range of special events including trunk shows, designer appearances and more!
10. A Night Without the Kids – Traveling to Disney World as a family doesn’t mean you can’t treat mom to an “Adults-Only” night on the town. Walt Disney World Resort offers an in-room babysitting service. Disney works with an independent childcare provider Kid’s Nite Out which offers one-to-one babysitting services directly to your Walt Disney World Resort hotel room. Kids will be able to enjoy arts and crafts, reading, playing games and other fun activities. The service is available for children between 6 months up to 12 years of age. Guests should note that the sitters will not take children outside of the guest rooms so activities like swimming, campfires or Movies Under the Stars are out of the question when using this service. The cost varies depending on the number of kids. Here’s a brief breakdown:
- 1 child will cost $18 per hour
- 2 children will cost $21 (total) per hour
- 3 children will cost $24 per hour
- 4 children will cost $26 per hour
Additional fees include a $2 charge added per hour after 9pm as well as a one-off fee of $10 to cover transportation and parking costs. Guests interested in booking the service should contact Kids Nite Out directly Monday -Friday from 8am – 9pm at 407.828.0920.
Though Mother’s Day comes but once a year, most of the Mother’s Day treats listed above are available all year round. So pick the one that suits your Mom best and be sure to include it as a special “Thank You” next time you’re at Walt Disney World.
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- What Is the Dining Dress Code With Disney Cruise Line? - September 23, 2018
- Do Walt Disney World Resorts Offer Room Service? - September 23, 2018
- 13 Reasons Why We Love Disney’s Haunted Mansion - September 22, 2018