With mid-Summer temperatures starting to soar, visitors to Disneyland and Walt Disney World will be on the hunt for fun ways to cool off in the afternoon heat. Here at Disney Addicts, one of our favorite ways to stay cool and refreshed is by indulging in some of Disney’s frozen treats. Though you’ll find ice cream galore at most quick-service eateries, snack carts and kiosks, for those looking for frozen goodies without the dairy component it can require a bit of a search. That’s why we’ve compiled this list for you of 10 non-dairy frozen options across both parks. Give a few a try during your next Disney visit.
1. Alien Ice – Alien Pizza Planet- Disneyland- Head over to this Tomorrowland eatery before September 3rd and you’ll have a chance to try one of their strawberry or apple slushies. They are perfect for cooling off while you enjoy the sights and sounds of this iconic Disney theme park. You can pick one up for $5.49 or $9.99 if opting for the alien sipper cup!
2. It’s Lemon! – Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats – Disney California Adventure – Head over to the recently re-imagined Pixar Pier to sample this new tasty offering. For a simple treat order up a cone of this lemony non-diary soft serve. For a bit of a tart treat, there is also a parfait that blends the soft serve with a blue-raspberry slush for a tasty and interesting snack!
3. Dole Whip – Tiki Juice Bar – Disneyland – No visit to Disney would be complete without the opportunity to sample this iconic snack. Next time you’re in Adventureland, pop by Aloha Isle and sample this delicious pineapple soft serve for yourself! You can get it in a cup, or in a float with pineapple juice. You’ll remember the taste each time you think back fondly on your Disney visit. A cup is $4.99 the float 5.99.
4. Boysen Apple Freeze – Maurice’s Treats – Disneyland – Our favorite frozen drink at Disneyland has to be the Boysen Apple Freeze served at this Fantasyland Snack Cart. Its made up of frozen apple juice, wild berry and is topped with a passion fruit foam. Trust us when we say that it is delicious!. Another solid option at Maurice’s is the Red Rose Lemonade Freeze. Both are perfect for sipping as you stroll the parks. The freeze costs $5.29 or $12.99 if opting for the souvenir mug.
5. Raspberry Sorbet- Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream – California Adventure – Head on over to Buena Vista Street for this utterly refreshing frozen sorbet bar A nice alternative to ice cream, this is the perfect fruity way to cool off.
6. Fillmore’s Fuelin Grovey Ade – Cozy Cone Motel – Disney California Adventure – Make a pit stop at Cone 3 at this Cars Land Quick Service eatery to enjoy one of these refreshing beverages. It’s made up of Lemonade, Pomegranate and Limeade. A cup will set you back $4.49 or $11.99 if opting for the souvenir container.
7. Peter Pan Float – Storybook Treats – Magic Kingdom – A new must-try treat has landed on the East Coast. Found at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland this non-dairy frozen float is themed after the mischevious and loveable Peter Pan. It’s made up of Key Lime Ice Cream, Sprite and a chocolate feather. The cost is $5.49.
8. Le Fou’s Brew – Gaston’s Tavern – Magic Kingdom – This has to be one of our favorite treats in all of Walt Disney World! This delightful frozen concoction is perfect for those hot and humid Orlando afternoons. It’s made up of frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow and topped with a passion fruit-mango foam. You can get it with a souvenir mug for $13 or on its own for $6.
9. Goofy’s Glaciers – Goofy’s Candy Company – Disney Springs – One of our favorite ways to cool off while window shopping at Disney Springs is to stop by Goofy’s Candy Company and indulge in one of these delicious icees. Available in a variety of flavors that are sure to please kids of all ages!
10. Sorbets – L’Artisan des Glaces -Epcot- For those heading to Epcot, don’t think for a moment that this popular ice cream shop is off-limits for those that can’t have dairy. Instead, head right on over to the France Pavilion where you’ll find a delicious array of sorbet flavors that are sure to please! Options included mango, mixed berry, lemon and strawberry!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019