If you’ve been to Disneyland Resort and haven’t had a chance to see “Frozen- Live at the Hyperion” definitely place at the top of your Disney bucket list and we promise that you won’t be disappointed. Whether you are a massive fan of the film Frozen or not, you’ll definitely be dazzled by this incredible theatrical interpretation which brings this classic tale to life.
To put you in the mood here are five fun facts about this impressive stage show!
1. Dynamic Special Effects – are used to create Elsa’s magical ice powers. This includes 20 plumes of CO2 along with liquid nitrogen and evaporating snow. This is in addition to the incredible scenic design, lighting, video and audio effects that combine to bring this wonderful story to the stage.
2. Battery-powered Scenery – Scene changes just got a bit easier with Disney’s use of battery-powered scenery such as snow mounds that move about the stage automatically. This is done through a series of laser scanners and reflectors!
3. What Do Kristoff’s Sleigh and a Flight Simulator Have in Common? The answer is that they are both built on a motion platform allowing them to twist and turn. This adds to the excitement of Anna and Kristoff’s adventure through the snowy wilderness.
4. Elsa’s Icy Staircase is an Elaborate Affair – One of the most elaborate set pieces you’ll find at “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” is Elsa’s staircase which has been specially designed to swing the performer out over the first several rows of the audience. In order to make this grand moment happen, Disney collaborated with companies behind major concert events from around the world.
5. That’s One Dazzling Chandelier – The incredible light hanging in Elsa’s wintry ice palace is actually made up of 60 individual ice shards that together combine to create over 500 points of light! Prepare to be dazzled – literally!
“Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” takes place several times throughout the day at Disney California Adventure Park. Readers are encouraged to pick up a times guide upon entering the park for a list of times. We hope these fun facts have given you a sense of the size and scale of this stunning stage show. This is one of our favorite productions across all of the Disney theme parks and we cannot recommend it enough. For a special treat, you also may want to consider the “Frozen-Live at the Hyperion” dining package which includes a 3-course meal at Carthay Circle as well as reserved seating for a Frozen performance. Find out more here.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019