When it comes to snacks at the Disney theme parks, only a few have reached cult-like status. You have Dole Whips, Mickey Ice Cream Bars and of course Churros! But what a lot of visitors don’t realize is that we’ve come a long way from the standard cinnamon sugar churros varieties. Across the parks on both sides of the country, you’ll find an eclectic array of churros on offer. To give you just a taste of some of the varieties you’ll find, here’s our list of 11 churro snacks you’ll want to be on the lookout for during your next Disney visit.
1. S’mores Churros – Disneyland – (pictured) You’ll find this flavorful treat at the New Orleans Churro Cart or the Churro Cart near Splash Mountain. It really conjures up the taste of childhood campfires with a dusting of graham cracker and a marshmallow-chocolate dipping sauce.
2. Pixar-themed Churros- Pixar Fest- Disney California Adventure – Pixar Fest officially kicks off in just a few short weeks and it is going to be a Churro-lovers Paradise! You’ll find three different varieties on offer: The Snape Churro (above) fashioned after the much-loved Pixar film “UP”, the Lots-O-Straw-“Bear”-y Churro after your favorite strawberry smelling Toy Story bear and the Coco-Churro with chocolate powder, vanilla bean salted cinnamon sugar & Mexican dipping sauce.
3. Sour Watermelon Churros – Disneyland – Of all the flavors of churros we’ve seen come out of Disney, this one has to be our favorite. You’ll find this unique treat at the Churro Carts near both Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. It comes with bright red sugar and will definitely make you pucker up.
4. Churros Bites – Magic Kingdom – Walt Disney World – The Churros Bites at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe come with chocolate dipping sauce and make a decadent snack. They even change the sprinkles up depending on the time of year.
5. Galactic Churros – Disney California Adventure Park – Head on over to California Adventure for these tasty churros. They’re covered in purple and black cinnamon sugar and come with tiny silver and pink stars. You’ll find them near The Collectors Warehouse.
6. Churro Fondue – Disney Springs – Walt Disney World – Morimoto Asia, the home of delicious Pan Asian Cuisine, is also offering a contemporary take on the Churro with it’s Churro Fondue dessert. These house-made churros come with a chocolate hazelnut sauce and vanilla ice cream.
7. Red Churros- Disney California Adventure – The Cozy Cone Motel at Disney California Adventure is also a haven for churros lovers. This Cars Land eatery always serves up an amazing array of churros. Our favorites are the red churros that come with creme anglais.
8. Red and Blue Churros – Disneyland – The Force is definitely strong with the Churros you’ll find in Tomorrowland near Star Tours. You can choose between churros with red or blue colored sugar. They’ll also be available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the one-night-only Galactic Nights celebration. They are perfect for those Disney-foodie Instagram posts!
9. Churros with Strawberry Sauce – Animal Kingdom – Walt Disney World – This is a churro offering that’s perfect for adults squeezing in a fancy cocktail or looking to unwind. The Nomad’s Lounge adjacent to Tiffins and close to the entrance to Pandora offer an amazing basket of churros that come with a strawberry dipping sauce that is absolutely out of this world.
10. Rose Gold Churros – Disneyland – The Rose Gold trend continues over at Disneyland Resort where they have come up with the perfect treat to surprise your special someone this Spring. Disney has unveiled a limited-edition Rose Gold Churro which is not only almost too beautiful to eat but is packed full of strawberry flavor. You are able to find these sparkly pink treats at Disneyland starting at the Castle Churro Cart outside Sleeping Beauty Castle.
11. Churro Funnel Cake – Disney California Adventure Park – Yes, you heard that right. Over at Critter Country, The Hungry Bear quick service eatery serves a dessert that is part funnel cake, part churro and a whole lot of deliciousness. It comes topped with caramel and a heaping portion of whipped cream.
Now’s the time to start planning your 2018 Walt Disney World getaway. Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019