The months of September and October are definitely one of our favorite times of year to visit Disneyland Resort. Each year you’ll find theme parks magically transformed into spooky playgrounds, special seasonal versions of rides and attractions and some pretty amazing grub! There’s Halloween magic everywhere you look however if we had to pick our favorite place to be each Halloween season it would definitely be Cars Land who runs a “Haul-O-Ween” celebration like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. In fact, it’s such a feast for the senses that we wanted to share with you 15 little details that you’ll definitely want to be on the lookout for when you pay your Halloween visit.
1. See Cars Wearing Their Favorite “Car-Stumes – Mater, Lightning McQueen and the rest of the residents of Radiator Springs are all dressed up for the Halloween Season! You won’t want to miss your chance to check them out in their Halloween finery and pose for a photo or two.
2. Brake’s Motel – Head over to the Cozy Cone Motel to take a peek at the themed miniature model of the Cozy Cone Motel made out of seasonal candy. See if you can notice a bit of a familiar eerie twist.
3. Be on the Lookout for Scary the Scare-car – Look out for this spooky Halloween visitor as you enter Radiator Springs. You’ll also find out more about how Scary came to be if you listen carefully while riding Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
4. Sha-BOO! – Speaking of eerie voices in the night, during Haul-O-Ween, Cars Land is taken over by a few supernatural spirits. By don’t fear, Sheriff comes to the rescue to return the town to normal and to welcome Halloween visitors.
5. A Creepy Crawly Cruiser – When heading over to Flo’s V8 Cafe to grab some Halloween grub, be on the lookout for the terrifying Spider-car. This eight-legged friend provides the perfect photo op to remember your time at Disneyland. For all you Disney trivia buffs, the carriage of the Spider-car may look a bit familiar! It’s actually a repurposed “Toadmobile” from Mr Toad’s Wild Ride.
6. A Haul-O-Ween Soundtrack – Take a minute to listen carefully to the found soundtrack that plays while you roam this area of the park. The music features a lineup of Halloween-themed songs!
7. Refuel With Tasty Halloween Treats – Head over to Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park for a tempting array of delicious Halloween treats. Highlights include the Candy Cone Pie (cream pie with vanilla, butterscotch and white chocolate pudding) and Pumpkin Spice Shake at Flo’s V8 Cafe, plus a Slow-Burnin’ Mac and Cheese Cone and “Spokey”- Cone Macaron at Cozy Cone Motel.
8. Sarge’s Pump-in Patch – As you stroll the grounds of Radiator Springs be on the lookout for Sarge’s growing patch of seasonal pump-kins.
9. Filmore’s Yard Art – This eccentric Radiator Springs resident has added a few touches to the neighborhood during Haul-O-Ween. See how many of his quirky creations you can find scattered about the area.
10. Beware the Zombie Car – Be prepared for things that go bump in the night. Rumor has it there is an out-of-service car with an undead battery that refuses to “rust in peace.” He’s been known to startle a guest or two.
11. Mater’s Junkyard JamBooree’s Soundtrack – As the tractors begin spinning on this Cars Land attraction have a listen to the fun music being piped in offering funny Cars-themed takes on classic Halloween Songs. Our favorite is (Monster Truck Smash) set to the tune of Monster Mash.
12. Disorder in the Court – As you wander past the old courthouse you may notice that a mad scientist has hooked up jumper cables bring new life (literally) to the old building.
13. Horn-O-Plenty – As you stroll through Radiator Springs be on the lookout for the mysterious Horn-O-Plenty. Rumor has it that this curious item has been making an appears here since 1936. The residents adorn it with seasonal gifts each year.
14. Spiders – Hidden amongst all of the incredibly themed Halloween decorations in Cars Land you’ll find over 30 car-arachnids lurking around. Can you find them all?
15. Ramone’s House of Body Art – Ramone is celebrating the Day of the Dead at his detailing shop. Pop by to check out the newly painted hoods, marigolds and a sugar car (named sugar.). Inside Ramon has also built an ofrenda to celebrate the life of his good friend Doc Hudson.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this quick run-through of all of the exciting details that go into transforming Cars Land into Radiator Screams each Halloween Season. There’s nothing like experiencing it for yourself. So why not start to plan your Halloween Disneyland getaway? There are still fantastic 2018 packages to be had and vacations can be booked through until the end of 2019. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining reservations and sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- The Best of Both Worlds – Combining Disney World and Disney Cruise Line for the Ultimate Vacation! - February 3, 2019
- What is Included When You Vacation with Adventures by Disney? - February 3, 2019
- Your Guide to the 2019 Restaurants Opening at Disney World - February 3, 2019