We here at Disney Addicts can barely contain our excitement over the fact that 2019 Walt Disney World vacation packages going on sale tomorrow (June 19th). Year on year Walt Disney World continues to impress with a wide array of new attractions, resort refurbishments, delightful new eateries and so much more. 2019 definitely continues the trend, make it a wonderful year for those on the fence about planning a Disney getaway! To give you just a taste of the many reasons why we think Walt Disney World is the place to be next year, here are 5 of our favorites.
1. Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway –Taking over the space formerly occupied by The Great Movie Ride, this Hollywood Studios attraction is slated to open in 2019. This will be the first ever ride through attraction themed to Mickey Mouse and will feature a new original story and theme song. Guests will be swept away on an amazing journey inside the wacky world of Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts. New technology is being employed to transform the two-dimension cartoon world into a multi-dimensional experience.
2. Toy Story Land – For those of you that won’t have a chance to visit Walt Disney World’s newest expansion – Toy Story Land in 2018, it should definitely be high on the priority list for 2019! This exciting new addition to the park will feature 11-acres of fun where guests will feel like you’re the size of one of Andy’s toys. Toy Story Land will feature two new attractions: the family coaster Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers. The much-loved attraction Toy Story Mania will also be adding a third track to accommodate even more guests. The land will also have a brand new eatery- Woody’s Lunch Box. This quick service restaurant will offer tasty meals and old-fashioned soda-floats. Hopefully, by next year, guests will be able to enjoy all this incredible new Pixar-themed land has to offer without the swelling grounds that will remain pretty consistent throughout 2018!
3. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – This massive Hollywood Studios Star Wars-themed expansion is slated to open during the Fall of 2019. This stunning new land will put guests in the middle of the of Star Wars action with two signature attractions including one allowing visitors to take over the controls of the Millennium Falcon on a secret mission and another that puts guests in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. This is sure to be the Walt Disney World even of the decade. Start planning your late 2019 Walt Disney World getaway now and be among the first to head out to a galaxy far, far away…
4. The Skyliner – Move over resort buses, friendship boats and monorails, Disney’s is currently working on a new gondola system dubbed Skyliner. These cable cars will service visitors staying at Pop Century, Art of Animation and Caribbean Beach Resort and will also make stops at Epcot’s World Showcase and Hollywood Studios. The Skyliner system promises an incredible bird’s eye view of the theme parks and resorts and will feature cars themed after some of your favorite Disney characters making it look like they are riding right along with you. It is rumored that the system should be up and running during the first half of 2019 which will revolutionize the way resort guests at these properties get to and from the theme parks. Book your stay at one of the properties listed above and try out this service for yourself in 2019!
5. Updated Resorts – 2018 has been a massive time for change at many of Disney’s incredible onsite properties and this shows no signs of slowing in 2019. Guests opting for Disney’s Pop Century Resort will be able to enjoy the recently renovated resort rooms which are already winning over guests with their hardwood floors, minimalist furnishings and clever uses of space. All Star Movies is also undergoing a similar renovation making it a pretty desirable property to pick going into 2019. In addition. Animal Kingdom Lodge is carrying out a long-term room refurbishment slated to continue into Fall of 2019. Caribbean Beach Resort is winding up renovations including a re-theming of central amenties, al fresco dining and an introduction of a promenada. The property will also be home to the Skyliner hub definitely making it a leader in the Moderate category! The moderate Coronado Springs is also evolving with a high rise tower featuring more guest rooms, rooftop dining and fireworks views. Changes are being made to dining areas and central amenities and the resort is devising ways to make it easier for guests to get around this large property by making pools and other areas more accessible. This project is slated be completed next year. Finally, Disney’s Old Key West Resort is working on room refurbishments. The villas you’ll find here are the largest on Disney property making it an incredibly attractive option when work is finished in Spring of 2019.
These are just some of the many reasons why we think Walt Disney World is the place to be in 2019. Readers should be advised that Disney may change the completion date of any of the projects above. Please bear this in mind when making your 2019 Walt Disney World bookings!
Why not get a jumpstart on your 2019 vacation plans by filling out our form for your FREE quote. We’ll keep your details handy and will come back to you with a quote as soon as packages go on sale. Read below to find out how!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019