Here at Disney Addicts, we’ve spent a lot of time over the last week talking about all of the incredible Halloween experiences that visitors will find at Disneyland’s two theme parks. Today we set our sights on the three incredible onsite hotels you’ll find at Disneyland where you not only get to take advantage of fantastic perks like early morning access to the parks but can also enjoy a creative range ghoulish surprises. To give you a taste of the fun that awaits here are 5 frightfully fun Halloween-themed offerings you’ll want to check out during your visit.
1. Soak in the Spooktacular Seasonal Decor – Even if you’re just passing through Disneyland Resort you have to stop by Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to check out the incredible edible display of Halloween pumpkins. With Oogie Boogie as the centrepiece, you’ll be blown away by this incredible construction made completely out of rice crispy cereal treats, icing, chocolate and fondant. The amazing pastry chefs needed to use 200 lobs of icing to assemble this massive display as well as 100 pounds of chocolate and 300 pounds of fondant. There’s also 13 hidden Mickey’s scattered about the display. See if you can find them.
2. Enjoy the Eerie Entertainment on Your Doorstep – You’ll definitely want to explore your resort to see what eerily entertaining acts Disney has drummed up for the Halloween Season. Be on the lookout for a ghostly a capella group the Skeletones of Cryptix who stroll around and perform throughout the hotels. At Downtown Disney you’ll also find the Scareolers. You’ll enjoy their harmonizing renditions of songs like “I Put a Spell on You” and “Grim Grinning Ghosts.”
3. Enjoy Exclusive Trick-or-Treating for Hotel Guests – During select afternoons during the month of October overnight guests staying at one of Disneyland’s three onsite hotels are invited to drop in for the complimentary trick-or-treat festivities on property. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will have treat maps of the locations. Guests can visit all three properties to amass a cache of Halloween goodies. The hotels will also be offering activities such as coloring pages, bat mask decorating and create-your-own pirate hat. Cookie decorating kits are also available for purchase. Visit the Guest Services desk at your resort for more info.
4. Arrange for Halloween Treats to Be Delivered Directly to Your Hotel Room – Surprise your loved ones with a Halloween-delivery at your Disneyland Resort hotel room. Halloween Treats Pumpkin Buckets like the one pictured above can be specially arranged by the incredible team over at Disney Floral & Gifts. Deliveries can include fun items like this light-up Mickey pumpkin filled with ghostly treats as well as one-of-a-kind Halloween souvenirs like the light-up lanyard. For more information visit: www.DisneyFloralandGifts.com.
5. Pick Up Some Essential Halloween Treats – At Disney’s Grand Californian you’ll find a holiday cart in the lobby brimming with Halloween goodies. The cart sells Mickey-shaped cookies featuring iconic Halloween-inspired decorations. You’ll also find whoopie pies, jumbo cake pops, pretzel rods, witch finger cookies, pumpkin pound cake and more. Another great place to stop is The Coffee House at Disneyland Hotel where you’ll find a chocolate Bat Cookie. All three hotels also carry the Red Poison Apple Glow Cub. As well as Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Surfside Lounge at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
We think that you’ll agree the Disneyland Resort is the place to be this Halloween Season. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your Halloween visit as well as our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest Disneyland news and updates.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining reservations and sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- The Best of Both Worlds – Combining Disney World and Disney Cruise Line for the Ultimate Vacation! - February 3, 2019
- What is Included When You Vacation with Adventures by Disney? - February 3, 2019
- Your Guide to the 2019 Restaurants Opening at Disney World - February 3, 2019